Gauging liability

TheSearch

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I want to start an online business where businesses pay me for an online service that they provide to their customers. The customers would only use the online service while on the companies property. The service might be subscription based where I offer continual online hosting and support for the service or it might be an option where the business pays me once and they have access to the service forever. I am not sure yet how that will pan out. The service would be provided to the customers by the business and it might be free or the customer might pay for it.

I would likely have a contract with the business outlining the service I provide, what is included and the payment i would receive in turn. The contract may potentially include some language passing liability to the business.

I feel that passing liability onto the business is reasonable because the business is already taking on the liability of having their customer on their property. Using the service I provide would add little to no extra liability beyond what they are already experiencing.

My goal here is to get a rough idea of what liability I would be taking on versus what the businesses I provide the service to would take on.

With that in mind, my questions are these;

Would the liability inherently fall on the business I am working with, without a contract in place?

If the liability is not inherent, can I reasonably pass liability off to the business through a contract?

Would I need to have the businesses customers sign liability waiver between them and me?

Are there other factors that I might need to consider, like liability I would take on by offering the service to the businesses?

Any other factors?

Let's start with this:

I want to start an online business where businesses pay me for an online service that they provide to their customers.

Describe the online service you will be providing. The real service, not a hypothetical service that attempts to elicit an answer because an answer to a hypothetical would be of absolutely no use to you.

Without knowing what the service is there are no answers to your questions.

I want to start an online business where businesses pay me for an online service that they provide to their customers. The customers would only use the online service while on the companies property.
Your idea will never work.

Why, you query?

Because Google, Duck Duck Go, Bing, Yippy, Dogpile, Google Scholar, Webopedia, Yahoo, and The Internet Archive are currently providing what you're proposing, plus the providers I noted offer THEIR UNLIMITED services for FREE!!!

Read all about 'em!!!!!

Would the liability inherently fall on the business I am working with, without a contract in place?

If the liability is not inherent, can I reasonably pass liability off to the business through a contract?

Would I need to have the businesses customers sign liability waiver between them and me?

Liability for what?

Are there other factors that I might need to consider

Unquestionably.

As indicated in the prior response, there's no way anyone here can provide you with any useful information without having relevant facts.

Back