Full Custody giving Temp Custody..Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtluvsme

Hello,

My sister passed away a year and half ago and I have full custody of her five children. By the way, the father of the children has also passed away since.

Anyway, I am wanting to give temporary custody of two of the children to an aunt in New Mexico, on the father's side because she has offered to help. It is very stressful for me and on top of that I have two boys of my own and I think that I could use the help right now.

What do I need to do so that they can try it with her for a while and see if it works out?

Thank you so much for anyones help..

sgt

Are the children receiving any kind of Social Security Benefits from the death of their parents? If so, then you would need to contact the Social Security Admin. and let them know of the situation at hand if you decide to modify custody, whether it be temporary or not.

I would also recommend speaking with an attorney, who can file a motion for a change of custody if that is what needs to be done. Especially if the family lives in another state and ALL of the children are not involved. But, I would also recommend a counselor for the children and for your family. If they have already lost their parents and now you are wanting to seperate them from their other siblings( I understand that you are under a lot of stress)but, that might be stressful, confusing, and detramental to their well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back