Form or example needed? - signing away rights/custody change

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonnymouse

I am getting ready to move out of state and away from my ex-spouse.
I have custody of one child and want custody of the second.
Does anyone have, or no of where on the internet I can get, an example of form of the papers for the agreement?

I am wanting to take over all responsibility for the second child (like the first) and change the visitation arrangement due to my relocation.

Thanks

You cannot take away rights of the second child. Not sure what that has to do with you moving, or why you would think you can do this.

If you want custody of the second child and you intend to move out of state, you have an uphill battle. You are going to need an attorney. The move must be in the best interest of the child. Is the parent that has the second child now, going to hand over custody to you and allow you to move? Don't think you can just do this, the father does have rights and he does have the ability to keep you from moving.

Have you talked to an attorney or do you plan on doing this all yourself through the courts?

I'm not looking to take away the rights of the child but in getting the ex to sign away their rights to custody and for me to take on full responsibility.

Obviously, I think they will sign it and I have know others that have done the same. I was just looking for an example of the form TO BE signed.

Oh, and I AM the father by the way

There is no form to sign. You have to file for custody and ask for permisison to move out of state.

Depending on where you are located, the courts might have a family law facilitator, or a self help/law library you can file yourself.

Who has legal custody, on paper, of each child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back