FLORIDA - Mother Relinquishing Parental Rghts To Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneDoe

Question if father agree's can the mother Relinquish All Parental Rights.
Will he still be able to ask for Child support?
Or is that something that needs to be written in the agreement. In addition, can I ask as part of the agreement that he pay my attorney fee's as well. Since I was a stay at home mother and he has a huge Income.

In Addition

Should His attorney write this up or mine if this is possible in Florida. Sometimes I feel both attorney are all about the money. Why wait 21 days to respond back and forth. This only mean more anquish for the parents.

One more Question

Is it true the longer a child is in one parent custody. It's unlikely for the courts to decide to give custody to the other one. We are talking about an infant Child in a Custody batlle.

First of all why in the world would the mother want to give up parental rights? In almost all cases you cannot unless the other parent is remarried and the step parent is willing to adopt. It cannot be done just to get out of paying child support.

Is the mother wanting to give up rights just because dad got custody?

Do you have an attorney? They should be able to answer all your quiestions. If there is a huge difference in incomes it is possible you can get him to pay attorney fees.

Custody is given where deemed to be in the childs best interest, regardless if its mom or dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back