Federal taxes / 7 yrs worth / penalties and interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvjoy

a FRIEND of mine didn't pay their taxes for 7 years! Now my friend wants to clean the slate with the IRS, my friend is looking at about 100,000 taxes:eek:, interest, and penalties. Is there anything my friend can do or say to not pay the penalties and interest? :angel

luvjoy said:
a FRIEND of mine didn't pay their taxes for 7 years! Now my friend wants to clean the slate with the IRS, my friend is looking at about 100,000 taxes:eek:, interest, and penalties. Is there anything my friend can do or say to not pay the penalties and interest? :angel
There are many businesses that will help this person get the burden lessened. They advertise on television all the time. Or, Google the phrase "tax relief help" or "help reduce IRS back taxes".

It is easy for your 'friend' to get so behind. The IRS doesn't come knocking until a problem gets out of hand.
One of the first things we tell our clients to end their tax problems, is did you stop your current tax problem? That is have correct withholdings, correct estimated taxes. There is no use trying to settle something old if you are just going to run up a new liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back