father threatning to kidnap child

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristilynn

im pregnant and recently left my boyfriend cause of his violent past and drug/alcohol abuse, i want get custody of my child before he/she is born cause he has threatened to take the baby when it is born and nobody can stop him he says. he has also threatened to have his mother and grandmother get grandparents rights, and when they have thier visits that he will take the child from them and leave with it even if i have custody (this is recorded on a phone) i want to know how to go aboout stopping all of this from happening, he does not care for the law and isnt scared of jail, i am worried for my childs safety and need advice soon.

He needs to understand that he doesn't HAVE a child at the moment.

He will not be the legal father until and unless his paternity is established by either signing an AOP/DOP (affidavit/declaration of paternity) at the hospital - which requires YOUR permission since you are unmarried - or, via court-ordered DNA test. When your baby is born s/he will have only ONE legal parent - that is you and you will be the ONLY person with ANY rights to your baby.

He has NO rights to your child until a court awards him those rights, so he will need to go through the court to get any form of custody or visitation.

DON'T LET HIM SCARE YOU LIKE THIS!

Do not entertain him.

Do not answer calls, texts or anything else.

Try to enjoy your pregnancy.

And his grandparents have NO STANDING whatsoever to do a darned thing - they have NO chance at getting ANY grandparent visitation rights.

Do not let him bully you like this!

If you need to, go to a domestic violence shelter immediately. They can help you even further.

im pregnant and recently left my boyfriend cause of his violent past and drug/alcohol abuse, i want get custody of my child before he/she is born cause he has threatened to take the baby when it is born and nobody can stop him he says. he has also threatened to have his mother and grandmother get grandparents rights, and when they have thier visits that he will take the child from them and leave with it even if i have custody (this is recorded on a phone) i want to know how to go aboout stopping all of this from happening, he does not care for the law and isnt scared of jail, i am worried for my childs safety and need advice soon.

Proserpina gave you great legal advice and some excellent emotional support.

Texas (as do the other 49 states) take domestic violence seriously.
You can go to your nearest Justice of the Peace Court and get a restraining order against this bully.
It will put him on notice that you mean business.
You only need tell the judge what this cowardly woman beater has told you.
Make you tell them if he has threatened you or the baby.
His threats to KIDNAP the baby can also get him in deep, smelly, poo-poo!

When you finally get to the hospital for the blessed birth of your baby, tell the hospital who you will allow as visitors.
Make sure you don't put any members of his family or any of his friends on your vistitation list.
Hospital security will keep them away from you.
If his name isn't on the list, he won't get in to ruin your wonderful moment.

When your baby is born, you do not have to disclose the name of the father.
In a case like this, that might make things easier for you.
There will be time for you to later change this, or he can take you to court to prove his paternity.

Do not make any agreements with this brute.
If anything is to be agreed to, make sure it is done before the court.
Violent brutes such as this will eventually do you great harm.

I suggest you do as Proserpina wisely advised, seek counseling immediately.
There are many domestic violence abuse shelters you can take refuge in to be safe from the attacks of this savage.
You can ask the police how to get in touch with them.
You can also ask them how to get in touch with domestic abuse counselors.

Good luck and do not let this coward ruin one of the best times in a person's life!

If you need any legal help, I'll help you pro bono.
I know a few people that will make sure this bum leaves you alone.
If he won't listen, they'll make sure he understands FULLY the meaning of no and leave her alone!
They are law enforcement officials and jurists who don't tolerate men bullying women, especially pregnant women.
If you need help, just ask.

Last edited:
Im not sure how legal it is but I have 2 friends both had simular situations 1 opted to not list the father at all. And the other who was dating a new man by the time her child was born listed him on her son's birth certifacate. Making him the childs legal father with out an adoption. However in her case tha father was just full of hot air and never attempted to prusue any thing it was just his way of continuing the abuse after she had gotten out. if he is truly what u say dont list him at all and if and when he does attempt to gain accsess to the child simply make sure u have documentation of his past history, its hard to clam demestic violence after the fact unless u have reports from the police and hospitals or doctors. once there is no marks or evidence it is still ur word aginst his. documentation will help u in the long run. good luck and you might want to give ur child ur last name not his dont tie him to the child in any way.

Im not sure how legal it is but I have 2 friends both had simular situations 1 opted to not list the father at all.

So she lied.

And the other who was dating a new man by the time her child was born listed him on her son's birth certifacate. Making him the childs legal father with out an adoption.

So SHE lied, too.

However in her case tha father was just full of hot air and never attempted to prusue any thing it was just his way of continuing the abuse after she had gotten out. if he is truly what u say dont list him at all and if and when he does attempt to gain accsess to the child simply make sure u have documentation of his past history, its hard to clam demestic violence after the fact unless u have reports from the police and hospitals or doctors. once there is no marks or evidence it is still ur word aginst his. documentation will help u in the long run. good luck and you might want to give ur child ur last name not his dont tie him to the child in any way.

You need to stop posting until you learn at least a little bit about what is and isn't legal.

So she lied.

So SHE lied, too.

You need to stop posting until you learn at least a little bit about what is and isn't legal.
How is what i said any different then others telling her not to list him on the birth certifacit. i was just using things that i know really did happen and no legal action was ever brought. As for documentation I know I'm right its always about what u can prove you could be the most honest person in the world and if u cant prove it it wont amount to much. I also did say i didnt know how legal it was it was just to state a sittuation that was like her's
Shesh have u even been beat and told you were a lier because u didnt file a report or go to a hospital? untell then I'm gonna say I'm right. been there.

How is what i said any different then others telling her not to list him on the birth certifacit. i was just using things that i know really did happen and no legal action was ever brought. As for documentation I know I'm right its always about what u can prove you could be the most honest person in the world and if u cant prove it it wont amount to much. I also did say i didnt know how legal it was it was just to state a sittuation that was like her's
Shesh have u even been beat and told you were a lier because u didnt file a report or go to a hospital? untell then I'm gonna say I'm right. been there.

You are advising to commit FRAUD. Just because "someone you know" wasn't brought to task by the courts DOES NOT IMPLY THAT LYING ON A BC IS "OKAY".

And REALLY...Can't you drop the "text speak" while on an Grownup site?? Or are you just a ignorant 14 year old?

First of all until he declares parantage, he has no rights if your not married. Go to the police if they can't point you in the right direction and if not go to the local courthouse and file petiton. With you two not being married, you have to give permission for him to sign the birth cert. Also, they can do something without child being born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back