Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Falsely Accused of Shoplifting - Detained, Searched & Humiliated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for your input. I've done a lot of thinking and have decided that I am going to write a letter or concern to the executives at Optical Shop of Aspen and their parent company. I will ask that they consider a substantive training program for employees to limit the mistakes down the road. Should they do the right thing it will end there........ Should they choose not to do the right thing then i'll consider other options at that time.....

I can spend $5k screwing with them and wasting a bunch of their time, no probelm, and it isn't a bad idea. However, I'm certain that a time investment on my part will be required, which will likely be a far worse burden then the money.

I'll updated the post as I proceed with my plan.

Boo! you should sue them. Sue them big time!
I wish I had such disposable income that I could sue anytime someone did something that I did not appreciate! :cool:

Rask, it is NOT that simple, and this is NOT a case that has a big payout at the end even if a judge rules that the employees could have done better. Absent some (provable) intentional act of malfeasance, this just does not have the ring of "winner" to me.

- Carl

Spoon Spoon Spoon

Without getting to the merits here, which seems to be in good hands... :)

This site isn't "pro" anything except for honesty and justice. I also can't understand these comments as well as some of the other ones and hopefully we can keep it productive.

Many people talk about suing, justice, etc. but when it comes right down to it, these efforts take time and money. All of us need to make a living so we can afford the basic necessities in life. While I'd love to see every wrong get prosecuted, the sad reality is that without the resources it just cannot happen and attorneys wouldn't be able to make ends meet if they had to finance every case. The cost to prosecute is high on a contingency case so the bet that he/she will win better be a good one. Now if the client feels the case is so good, then the client can always lay out the money instead of the attorney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back