Earnest money Return

RaviPer

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hi,
I had made the earnest money payment to the builder, and signed the docusign purchase agreement. I was expecting an immediate response from the builder's sales rep. But instead, his tone changed since then, and he has been telling me that it takes 2-3 days for him to verify that the payment is made. The signature on the purchase agreement, from their side is not completed.
Since it is a wire transfer it is immediate. and the money did get deducted from my amount immediately.
What can I do to make him act swiftly or to get my money back?

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi

Hi,
I had made the earnest money payment to the builder, and signed the docusign purchase agreement. I was expecting an immediate response from the builder's sales rep. But instead, his tone changed since then, and he has been telling me that it takes 2-3 days for him to verify that the payment is made. The signature on the purchase agreement, from their side is not completed.
Since it is a wire transfer it is immediate. and the money did get deducted from my amount immediately.

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi
Am I to understand that you're having a home built (or even just buying a home) and you're fretting over a 2-3 day period that the recipient of the money needs to verify the funds are actually there?

I was expecting an immediate response from the builder's sales rep.

A response to what? Neither signing a contract or making a payment is something that inherently requires a response.

he has been telling me that it takes 2-3 days for him to verify that the payment is made.

Ok...so?

What act(s) are you seeking to have occur?

Regardless, there is no legal process that will accelerate a 2-3 day wait.

Back