Other Immigration Law Domicile Issue for I-130

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabro

Hi,
I am USA Citizen,I filed I-130 for my husband's in Jan 2003. My husband got a visa interiew on May 2007. But he was denied because I was living abroad with him in UK for 1and a half year. The reason my trip to visit him got longer was my high risk pregnancy, i had to wait to travel until baby was born.
Now my husband's immigration visa is pending because I (sponsor) have to establish domicile in USA. Me and my son are here in USA and I have already submitted the following documents:
Apartment Lease Agreement on my name
Copy of my Driving License address to my apartment.
My Bank statements
My Utility Bills for that apartment
My Employment Letter
But the US embassy is not satisfied and is saying they need more evidence regarding my establishment of domicile. What should I do now? (my son is only 9 months old I cant register him to any school):confused:

Last edited:
You could get another person who has lived here more permanently to co-sponsor with you. The person should have a good income and job. They are probably needing info on tax returns for the past 3 years (……..usually). So getting an additional sponsor will help. I have the feeling you would need a lawyer to look at your complete file. You will probably spend just enough here for a consultation with an immigration lawyer( max 200$). There seems to be some important doc you are missing. Do you have the list from the embassy on all they have asked from his sponsor? Double check it. They will not play around if you have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back