Consumer Law, Warranties dog breeder fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfxtr0t

i bought a dog...in the classifieds it read, " blue nose pitbull registered with the UKC" and now...the breeder hasnt gotten me any papers and its been over 4 months...we just called him and he said that he hasnt registered the dogs yet and its not the UKC but the aapbt, which ive heard are just "puppy mills" who will register anyone.
can i sue? and if i do what would be reasonable to sue him for? and if i sue will i have to return my dod?

He misrepresented the condition of the dogs to you. Legally, you could sue for rescission of the contract (contract is cancelled, you return the dog, you get your money back), or for damages (you keep the dog, he pays you some of your money back - i.e. the difference in value between a UKC =registered go and a AAPBT-registered dog). I suspect this would be a small claims matter. I would suggest you write him a letter outlining his deception, explaining the difference in value, and demanding he refund the difference, failing which you will pursue all remedies available to you in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back