Does this seem like a feesible out of state visitation schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedofguidance

looking to relocate to VA, about an 8hr drive.

Petitioner wishes to accommodate visitation one weekend a month, extended visitation during spring, winter, and summer breaks, every other major holiday (ie.Thanksgiving and Christmas), and three day weekends as agreed upon.
Petitioner agrees for child to have phone contact with Respondent within reasonable times as agreed upon.
Petitioner agrees for child to have Skype web visits with Respondent within reasonable times (will not be counted against in person visitation).
Petitioner is willing to pay for all travel expenses associated with the above visitation schedule; other visitation not associated with visitation schedule will be paid by respondent.

I put in my petition today and I am hoping the judge can see that I am really not trying to take my daughter away from her father. I just want whats best for all of us.

Last edited:
How does the NCP feel about that offer? What is the father's current visitation schedule?

Is your petition to the court more detailed?

What are the reasons behind the move?

It might make a huge difference as to whether or not the move will be approved.

I tried telling him the offer but he didn't want to hear any of it. He just said that my daughter wasn't going anywhere. He does not exercise his visitation rights at all. His mother does. Yes the petition is more detailed, this was just the visitation schedule I offered.

I was offered a much higher paying job which would also be a boost in my career. Its not about my career though and I know that, but I would like to provide the best for my daughter by being able to be more financially stable and be able to finally save for my children's college education.

Well, you've offered a pretty generous visitation schedule, I have to say. The only thing I would change would be the "as agreed upon" parts - get them spelled out instead. For example, "Child will be made available for phone conversations between X-Z hours on Specific Days Of The Week", and the same with Skype.

The move may indeed benefit your daughter, and if you can prove to the court that it's his Mom versus him who is actually exercising his visitation you may actually be able to convince the court that it's in the child's best interest.

Well, you've offered a pretty generous visitation schedule, I have to say. The only thing I would change would be the "as agreed upon" parts - get them spelled out instead. For example, "Child will be made available for phone conversations between X-Z hours on Specific Days Of The Week", and the same with Skype.

The move may indeed benefit your daughter, and if you can prove to the court that it's his Mom versus him who is actually exercising his visitation you may actually be able to convince the court that it's in the child's best interest.

Thank you I appreciate your feedback, I will see if I can get that changed because I already submitted the petititon. You see I really am not trying to take my daughter away, I just want a better life and lifestyle and being in upstate NY..there is none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back