Does a Name Change Statutory Declaration require both old & new signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen_d59

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hello,

With a Statutory Declaration (and not a Deed Poll) to change one's name, can you please tell me if it requires just your new signature (for your new name)... or... if it needs to be signed with both your new signature and your old signature (for your former name)?

I'm asking because I've found example Statutory Declaration templates online where some require just your new signature and some requre both signatures to be entered.

Also, I'm not using a Deed Poll to change my name as unfortunately it's not easy for me to find two witnesses who aren't relatives, whereas I can get the SD witnessed by a Solicitor (for just a nominal fee).

Your help would be much appreciated, thanks.

PS: I'm based in England... and not in Wales, Scotland or Ireland incase the rules are different there.

With a Statutory Declaration (and not a Deed Poll) to change one's name, can you please tell me if it requires just your new signature (for your new name)... or... if it needs to be signed with both your new signature and your old signature (for your former name)?

Do you have the form?

Did you read it?

Statutory Declaration Of Name Change | Template - Rocket Lawyer UK

I know zip, zero, nada, about the process so I can't give you any advice about it.

Though I do suggest that you read the form and, hopefully, it will become clear to you.

If not, then the solicitor you hire as a witness will ltell you.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back