discrimination policy on college campuses and title ix

Status
Not open for further replies.

leolaw

Jurisdiction
Florida
My college was sued due to their nondiscrimination policy violating students' freedom of speech. They were served with an injunction by the supreme court, they lost the case, and the discrimination policy was rectified. During this time, I was a respondent in a title ix case at my university, and I was accused of violating the nondiscrimination policy. I was being Halsey accused in a very aggravated manner by an arrogant individual, and I tried my best to prove the truth. I was the true victim to this situation, however, my perpetrator played victim before I could inform authorities of his criminal conduct. During the whole thing, I felt I was being silenced, and I expressed this to the administration. I said I was being silenced to them may times and it was not fair what was happening to me. Just before I was suppose to attend a conference with student conduct, I never heard back from them... and the case was left unresolved. I graduated as well and they never contacted me with a resolution. Could they have done this due to the injunction being issued, which was at the exact time i was due for a conference? could i take legal action for my rights being violated? What should i do?

Could they have done this due to the injunction being issued, which was at the exact time i was due for a conference?

Univolved, uninterested, anonymous internet denizens are UNABLE to answer any question(s) regarding events having occurred YEARS ago, in which none of them were involved.

could i take legal action for my rights being violated?

You have an array of abilities KNOWN only to yourself.

What should i do?

I can't tell you what to do.

I'm an attorney, however, I'm not your attorney.

I suspect most people would endeavor to live their best life.

You've left something out here. What is your role at the University that left you open for a title ix action?
I was a student during the time the investigation began. I graduated with the investigation still pending. Several months as an alumnus of the university, I was contacted by student conduct and they informed me that they are still pursuing disciplinary action. I had a prelim hearing months after i graduated and I was told a hearing will be scheduled and they will let me know, however, I never heard back from them. They never provided any resolution for this and did not close the case. To not provide a resolution to a title ix case and leave it pending is considered a deliberate indifference, which is prohibited by the department of education. i'm not sure why they would not provide a resolution when they are required to.

I'm not asking for legal advice whatsoever, I simply want to understand this situation in a legal perspective as i apply to law schools, i think it would help me overcome this issue and strengthen my law school application. I have no care to sue the school for violating my rights or anything like that.

Univolved, uninterested, anonymous internet denizens are UNABLE to answer any question(s) regarding events having occurred YEARS ago, in which none of them were involved.

You have an array of abilities KNOWN only to yourself.

I can't tell you what to do.

I'm an attorney, however, I'm not your attorney.

I suspect most people would endeavor to live their best life.
This did not happen YEARS ago... This issue is current as and has occurred within the past year. You're response here is just ridiculous. It's not helpful, and there is no purpose of commenting on posts when you have nothing helpful to provide. Clearly you are not knowledgable enough to include anything useful, why even comment in the first place? It's childish.

I'm not asking for legal advice whatsoever, I simply want to understand this situation in a legal perspective as i apply to law schools, i think it would help me overcome this issue and strengthen my law school application. I have no care to sue the school for violating my rights or anything like that.

-If an issue is hindering my ability to pursue a legal career, it is absolutely important for me to do my due diligence and take action to fully educate myself and seek input from others online. But trolls like you prevent me from doing so, it's sad that you would even comment this. I think your comment is unprofessional and absolutely offensive. Please take your shenanigans as an online troll elsewhere.

Answering this question is the only way I will be able to live my best life and pursue a legal career. I wish I could move on and never think about this again, but that is not the case here and you need to check yourself.

Last edited:
You graduated.

Get over it. Get counselling if you need help getting over it.

Then get on with your life.

Can you explain this to law school admissions for me then? Can you tell law school admissions that i graduated and they need to get over it? Your comment is so ridiculous. It only shows that you're too lazy to provide a helpful response. I try to do my due diligence and seek feedback to better understand an issue, but trolls like you make it so hard for people to educate themselves. Seriously, you need to check yourself. What is the point of you using this website? You completely dismissed my entire question and it is rude, improper, and childish. I understand you aren't knowledgeable enough to answer the question, clearly, but it would be best just not to comment at all. Do something better with your time, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back