custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherjabj

I'm in SC. i have a son and a daughter. my daughter is my husbands child and my son is by another man. my son's father took me to court for coustody of his son and for my daughter. when my daughter was young she only knew my son's father (he is not her biological father). to make a extremely long story short an agreement was made even though he is not her father he can still have visitation on the same weekend as he has our son. But under oath on the stand he stated that if she didn't wish to visit anymore she did not have to.
My daughter is 13 and is developing and has decided that she doesn't want to go on this vsitation anymore.
If I don't make her go can be held in contempt?

Q: If I don't make her go can be held in contempt?

A: Yes; you cannot give up that right; it is the right of the dad.

He is not her biological father. but the order states that she is to visit with him. so still yes I can be held in contempt...

Well you can be held in contempt. If you no longer want the child to go to visits with non bio dad, then you need to take him back to court to see if you can get the order changed. Does he pay childs support for this child? Were you married to him when you had this child? He might not be the bio dad but is he the legal dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back