Cross Claim

bodhi

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Hi,
I am involved in a lawsuit where a flooring company was hired to fix my floors that were damaged by a refrigerator leak. They didn't complete the job and even created more damage so I refused to pay them until it was completed and they filed a lawsuit which I am certain I will win. However I owe some back taxes on my house and the county filed a cross claim/counter claim. The counter claim/cross claim doesn't appear to be any new information or even directed to me, it appears to just state that it wants its cut of the money owed in taxes if the plaintiff wins and gets to seize my house for payment. My question is this: I responded with a counter claim to the original plaintiff but do I have to respond to this counter/cross claim also? It seems that if I win against the plaintiff this is irrelevant since they are simply asserting their interest in the property if I loose and it is sold. Or is this considered an entirely different suit/matter? I'm not even sure this is directed towards me at all, it looks like it is entirely directed towards the plaintiff anyway and it wasn't sent certified mail either.

Thank You

I responded with a counter claim to the original plaintiff but do I have to respond to this counter/cross claim also?

You should pose this question, and all other related queries to an attorney you've retained to represent you.

Here's why:

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only.

When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people.

The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience.

The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states.

It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance.

Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege.

For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

You should pose this question, and all other related queries to an attorney you've retained to represent you.

Here's why:

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only.

When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people.

The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience.

The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states.

It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance.

Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege.

For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

I am just asking a procedural question, not for legal advice. I thought this is what the forum is for

I am just asking a procedural question, not for legal advice. I thought this is what the forum is for
The problem is that what you perceive as "procedural" actually requires legal advice. You should consult with an attorney.

What you've described is a procedural issue that is unheard of in the jurisdictions in which I have practiced. Since, AFAIK, no one from Kentucky follows these boards, I strongly suggest you consult with a local attorney.

Back