court date question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoe

i am 16, i got a ticket the other day for going 75mph in a 45mph zone. the officer did not give me a court date on my ticket. one of my questions is if they will send me a letter in the mail or something with my court date?

also i heard that if the officer does not show up then i would have a good chance if having my case dismissed. my second question is does the officer have to show up on the day that i plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest, or does he only have to show up on the date after i plead not guilty? (tell me if i have to make my question more clear)

court date

In Oregon, the cop doesn't show up for the first court date, only if you plead not guilty then they schedule you another court date. That's when the cop is suppose to show up.

what would probably happen if the officer does not show up on the court date? would i make a plead, or will the case be dismissed right away?

and if i have to plead, what should i plead?

shoe said:
what would probably happen if the officer does not show up on the court date? would i make a plead, or will the case be dismissed right away?

and if i have to plead, what should i plead?

sorry, i missread the post before, so i retract my second post, thanks for the help Tonooch

I don't think you have to go to court for this . You should call the court office phone number should be on the ticket and ask them what is the fine like how much ? Some states even let you pay your ticket on line too.

In this state at the age of 16 you would not get a court date on the citation it would be mailed to you. I would not just pay the fine here because a citation for 30 over the limit on a 16 year old would have your license suspended. I would go to court and see if the judge would allow you to keep your license if you go to some kind of driving school. Also, the officer would not be at your first appearance. You would plead to the judge and if an arrangement was not made then the case would be reset to a different date and the officer would be notified to com to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back