Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Court Appointed Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh_79

I Was Recently Picked Up On A Minor Possesion Charge & Also A Reckless Paraphanelia Charge. I Had A Previous Charge 2 Yrs. Ago. Part Of My Plea Bargin Was To Not Be Charged Again In The Next 5 Yrs. So What Was A Class D Felony From 2 Yrs. Ago Has Came Back On Me, Because Of The Class A Misdemeanor From Present. The Lawyer I Currently Have Is Trying To Rush Me Thru Because He Is A Court Appointed Attourney. The Possesion Charge As Of Recent Was From Marijuana On My Sock. The Court Appointed Attorney Has Not Investigated Any Of The Evidence Or Even Barely Heard My Story. I Need Some Advice On Getting Him To At Least Try To Help Me. I Really Dont Need A Felony On My Record So I Can Get A Decent Job. If Anyone Would Or Could Be Of Any Help I Sure Would Appreciate It.

Last edited:
Your only option is to hire a lawyer. Most PD don't spend much time on their cases………….they just want to close it fast and don't care as much for their clients as privately hired lawyers do. To avoid such a record, or to get a record only if absolutely necessary, you need another opinion from another lawyer practicing in the county in which the charges were filled. Most criminal lawyers have free initial consultation…………go see them to help you evaluate, and you decide. Even if you can't afford it, it might be necessary to borrow to avoid a record if your PD is just trying to cut a fast deal.

Is There Any Way Of Filing A Complaint Thru The Public Defenders Office, Possibly Being A Thorn In His Side Till He Mans Up And Actually Defends Me? After All He Is Getting My $750 Bond. If I Could Borrow Some Money I Would But After I Went To Jail I Lost My Job. Im Recently Getting Back On My Feet And Plan To Get A Continuation So I Can Possibly Look For Another Lawyer.

You can complain but would need a lot to show he is negligent……..There are some really good PD but not many. The chances are they would not believe your claims against the PD….they would tell you, you don't understand the system.…………even if they did, they could give you one which is worst. Try arranging a meeting with him/her and talk about the direction you feel your defense should be and see his opinion. Be actively engaged in every step and see if he dismisses your opinion before evaluating other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back