Coerced into admission of guilt by probation officer?

Mellowmarsh

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I think I may have been coerced by a probation officer into admission of guilt. What should I do? I was unable to produce a urine sample for my probation officer at My probation appointment for two important reasons but first a little background I've been out of jail since November 22 I completed the work release program without failing any drug screens and no petitions to revoke I was then placed on a program called DAPS I basically see my probation officer monthly and call the separate testing facility weekly if my number is called I report and pee I have been on this program for 6 months and never had any issues except it takes me a second to produce because I'm extremely bladder shy, so when they wanted to test me at probation I was ready until I got in the bathroom and this lady pulled out a stick with a mirror attached to the end she then proceeded to tell me to squat and spread while she put the mirror in between my damn legs, I knew right then and there that there was no chance of them getting any urine from me I suffer with PTSD due to childhood sexual trauma and a severe anxiety/ panic disorder. They also only give you exactly three minutes to produce.. that experience was not only dehumanizing but inhumane and mortifying my probation officer immediately went to accusing me and after many failed attempts she finally gave me an ultimatum and that was this " you either admit to using or im recommending your entire sentence is revoked and your off The program, y'all my charge ( first charges ever) is a level 3 and would do a good amount of prison time so I made the decision to lie and say I used when I genuinely had not i offered a hair follicle test dating back to the first day of my probation as well as a blood and or saliva Drug test ahe never drug tested me and i was sent or jail for two day's after being coerced into admitting something that could have been proven otherwise anyway can i fight this? or did i mess up by lying to protect my freedom. I've been sober almost two years and I feel like she crossed some boundaries and maybe a constitutional right or two idk any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry so long.

I agree with the above. Also, punctuation and paragraph breaks are your (and your readers') friends.

Agreed, but capitalization is equally important, as well as avoiding a 21st century wonder known as "wall of words".

can i fight this?

I have no idea if you're capable of using the court process to defend your rights.

I can say a competent, licensed attorney would be able to ensure your rights are protected.

As regards your freedom, lying should always be avoided.

On the other hand, telling the truth isn't hard and is often helpful.

However, truth telling works best if one avoids deleterious, criminal behaviors.

Back