Citibank false advertising credit card offer

smc635

Jurisdiction
Florida
I need to make a big purchase and wanted to do it on a new credit card with 0% interest. So I went to credit karma and Citibank is offering 0% for 21 months. i applied for the card but after getting approved, the offer was actually for 12 months per the citibank credit card portal. So it is false advertising but really screwed me over. The did a hard credit pull and I cannot cancel the application because it was approved. Would a lawyer care if a huge bank is attainiing customers through false and manipulative advertising?

I went to Credit Karma and found the same ad you posted for the Citi Simplicity Card.

Best Credit Cards | January 2024 | Credit Karma

I clicked on Continue and prominently displayed was:

upload_2024-1-23_22-5-24.png

Says right there that the 21 month is for balance transfers and the 12 month is for purchases.

You wrote that you wanted the card for a purchase.

Sorry, nothing false about the advertising. The details were right there in front of you.

Your mistake. Own it.

In addition to what "adjusterjack" wrote, that appears to be a third-party site that is just compiling information, and not an advertisement.

In addition to what "adjusterjack" wrote, that appears to be a third-party site that is just compiling information, and not an advertisement.
It appears to be that, but when you dig deeper, you'll see that the site has a disclaimer:

Advertiser disclosure

The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Back