Child molester dating mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, our courts allow anyone to bring forth a claim or initiate a lawsuit.

You should suggest to your brother that he speak a couple family law attorneys.

Divorced fathers support groups can also be helpful:

8 Fathers' and Men's Rights Organizations in the United States

Divorce Support Groups For Men: 5 Popular Divorced Dad Support Groups

California Directory of Divorce Support Groups - Divorce HQ

Divorced Dads and Support Groups – National Center for Men

Divorced Dads groups
I'll add this one - they're very good on strategy.
Child Custody and Divorce Forum • Index page

he does have an attorney and has a meeting with him on Thursday. However, I just wanted to get info on what he should expect or ask and things of that sort.

Did he ask you to go online in advance of his meeting with his lawyer? Why didn't he post here himself? Is this a first meeting with the lawyer? Has he actually retained the lawyer, or are they meeting to decide if they will form a lawyer/client relationship?

He should expect to have a dialog about the situation. He should expect the lawyer to ask him a lot of questions about the situation. He should bring whatever documentation exists regarding the situation. He should ask whatever questions he has that he wants answered.

Did he ask you to go online in advance of his meeting with his lawyer? Why didn't he post here himself? Is this a first meeting with the lawyer? Has he actually retained the lawyer, or are they meeting to decide if they will form a lawyer/client relationship?

He should expect to have a dialog about the situation. He should expect the lawyer to ask him a lot of questions about the situation. He should bring whatever documentation exists regarding the situation. He should ask whatever questions he has that he wants answered.

No he did not ask me to get on a forum and ask questions. He is gathering evidence, along with taking care of the little ones on top of working. He's an emotional mess right now, not even because of the divorce but because of this situation. He has retained a lawyer (the one who filed divorce papers and solidified the custody agreement), whom he is meeting tomorrow. He didn't post himself probably because he doesn't automatically think of online forums first... I don't know, isn't this the reason these things exist? Does that even matter in any case? Aren't people here to help answer questions whether or not it's the person directly dealing with it. Side tracking the issue for questions like this is not productive.
My main question is what are the laws or precedence related to having a convicted child molester as a partner to a parent in regards to children in the home and how often can one revise a child custody agreement?

No he did not ask me to get on a forum and ask questions. He is gathering evidence, along with taking care of the little ones on top of working. He's an emotional mess right now, not even because of the divorce but because of this situation. He has retained a lawyer (the one who filed divorce papers and solidified the custody agreement), whom he is meeting tomorrow. He didn't post himself probably because he doesn't automatically think of online forums first... I don't know, isn't this the reason these things exist? Does that even matter in any case? Aren't people here to help answer questions whether or not it's the person directly dealing with it. Side tracking the issue for questions like this is not productive.
My main question is what are the laws or precedence related to having a convicted child molester as a partner to a parent in regards to children in the home and how often can one revise a child custody agreement?
I think many (myself included) have a problem with third parties blabbing other's business online. If your brother wants to do so? It's up to him. Really not your - or anyone else's - place. JMO.

ETA: When I was getting divorced, I worked FT, cared for two young kids, and found time to research at night. Your brother could do the same.

There are no laws specific to the factual issue, and no one here is going to research case authority ("precedent").

An agreement can be revised any time the parties to the agreement want to revise it. A custody/visitation order can be revised when warranted by changed circumstances.

As for the rest, there isn't anything anyone here can tell you that his own lawyer won't tell him when they meet on Thursday.

Exactly the question that his attorney will answer for him.

I think many (myself included) have a problem with third parties blabbing other's business online. If your brother wants to do so? It's up to him. Really not your - or anyone else's - place. JMO.

ETA: When I was getting divorced, I worked FT, cared for two young kids, and found time to research at night. Your brother could do the same.
I can see if I let information regarding their identities out for whomever to see, but I didn't. I really don't understand how online forum people are willing to engage and then somewhat slam the poster later. If you don't want to answer any questions because you feel that the person who is going through it should be the one to post, then don't answer. Not being catty or argumentative, but this back and forth of moral superiority and how much better of a person you are over my brother because my brother decides not to ask internet people is annoying. I asked simple questions to people who may be able to help, have an answer or experienced a similar situation. If you don't agree with my approach, then scroll on by. I appreciate your take, however, I just don't understand the attitude.

There are no laws specific to the factual issue, and no one here is going to research case authority ("precedent").

An agreement can be revised any time the parties to the agreement want to revise it. A custody/visitation order can be revised when warranted by changed circumstances.

As for the rest, there isn't anything anyone here can tell you that his own lawyer won't tell him when they meet on Thursday.
I didn't ask for anyone to research anything. I just asked a few questions to see if anyone knew information for this situation.
When warranted by changed circumstances... seems so broad and open... but thanks for the reply.

I can see if I let information regarding their identities out for whomever to see, but I didn't. I really don't understand how online forum people are willing to engage and then somewhat slam the poster later. If you don't want to answer any questions because you feel that the person who is going through it should be the one to post, then don't answer. Not being catty or argumentative, but this back and forth of moral superiority and how much better of a person you are over my brother because my brother decides not to ask internet people is annoying. I asked simple questions to people who may be able to help, have an answer or experienced a similar situation. If you don't agree with my approach, then scroll on by. I appreciate your take, however, I just don't understand the attitude.
You would be surprised to know how easily it is to identify someone with the information they post. His attorney would be very unhappy to know that this case is being discussed on the internet by his clients intrusive, overstepping sister.
And, frankly, it is irresponsible for you to post someone else's legal situation on the internet.

I was trying to explain (politely) why people have an issue. I can tell you that I've been on both sides of identifying posters. It's not pleasant. At least I only had myself to blame when I was on the wrong side....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back