Child is Washington Resident taken by Idaho CPS

aiken_sa

Jurisdiction
Idaho
The child in question is a Washington state resident as is his father, but the child was in Idaho with family when CPS was called. Is there a way to get Idaho CPS to transfer the case to Washington?

Is there a way to get Idaho CPS to transfer the case to Washington?

If I were YOU, I'd contact three or four attorneys that practice in the county where CPS became involved.

An Idaho family law attorney is likely to be your best source.

I am NOT endorsing any of the following websites and/or their services.

The sites MIGHT be informative as to how one might react, if their child was "nabbed" by the state.

Motion To Dismiss – CPS – Idaho

What CPS Can And Cannot Legally Do During Investigations - My Case Helper

The official site of Idaho CPS:

https://isc.idaho.gov/cp/manual/Idaho_CP_Manual-3rd_Edition.pdf

You have the right to a court-appointed attorney if Idaho CPS files a lawsuit against you.

Parents and caregivers SHOULD deny any allegations made by the CPS authorities.

You should never speak to CPS or the police without YOUR attorney present to advise and protect YOU!!!

The child in question is a Washington state resident as is his father, but the child was in Idaho with family when CPS was called. Is there a way to get Idaho CPS to transfer the case to Washington?
Is the child in the states (ID) care as of now? Do you have an attorney?

Who are you in this matter?

The answer to your question is "maybe." Since you provided next to no details about the situation, there's no way for anyone to say more than that and suggest that the child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) retain the services of attorneys.

Is the child in the states (ID) care as of now? Do you have an attorney?

Yes he is, no I don't, it's not my child. Thank for responding. I did get an answer and they are working on moving him back to Washington as he and the parent are residents here.

The answer to your question is "maybe." Since you provided next to no details about the situation, there's no way for anyone to say more than that and suggest that the child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) retain the services of attorneys.

I didn't figure details were needed as it was a very simple question. But its been answered. In this situation the child, his parent, and all family resides in Washington so once they informed the court as much and they asked if Washington CPS would take the case. Depending on the severity of the situation they could opt out of taking the case regardless of residence, the parent is fortunate they said yes. Thank you for your response.

Back