Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught Shoplifting in Missouri (2nd offense) PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyMissElly

I was caught shoplifting 5 years ago, charged with theft and paid court fee, community service, went to a class on shoplifting and restitution to store. I worked for an attorney at the time and she handled all the details - I was really too embarrassed to talk about it with her. She did get my community service reduced from 80 hours to 40 hours. I paid $1000 restitution to Famous Barr and do not remember if I had to pay any court fees and such. About 3 weeks ago I made the stupid mistake of shoplifting again from JCPenney and was caught with $102.50 of merchandise and police came and said nothing showed on my record, given an arrest notification with July 19th as my court date. The policeman did not take me to police station because he said he was getting off soon and let me go with my Arrest Notification. (The first time I got caught the policeman came and drove me to the county police station where I was searched and awaiting a van to take me to jail. The sargeant said I didn't have any priors and instructed the policeman to drive me back to my car.) This time I have to pay restitution to JCPenney of $250.00 but have to send payment to some attorneys in Florida the same ones as Famous 5 years ago). I have not yet contacted an attorney yet. Does someone know what is going to happen to me. I am worried to death I will be go to jail for this. PLEASE HELP!! Does anyone know how much an attorney will cost me. And does anyone know of an attorney in Missouri who would handle this? PLEASE HELP! I am a 42 year old female (who should know better). Thank you in advance for any advice/info you can give me.

Please Reply - I Need Help!

PLEASE someone reply. I have little time left to see if I need a lawyer and/or to retain one.
Should I go to court alone and if so, can I get a lawyer after I hear my punishment. Please someone advise me what to do about the above post.
Thanks, Kitty

I would suggest consulting a lawyer for this matter...its a second offense and im not sure if the judge will treat the matter same way you did the first time...if you do not have time to get a lawyer...i would plead not guilty...the judge then would give you a trial date and this should buy you some time to get / consult a lawyer.Try to come out of this situation without a conviction. Goodluck and do your best to not do the same mistake again :)

Thank you for your information. I really appreciate it but I need more specifics. It is now the 18th of June and my court date is July 19 and I still do not know what to do. Please, anyone, be more specific about what will happen to me.
Thanks!

I dont know whats gonna happen but I know that this wont look good when yugo to court since this is your 2nd offense. Make sure you get a criminal lawyer who had dealings with this kind of case. I suggest you start calling them now and find out who suits you. If you cant afford one you can plead not guilty and ask for a court appointed lawyer. Explain to him what your concerns are. goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back