car repairs

T

tony2023

Jurisdiction
Texas
so im in texas. i had a local shop submit a claim for damages to my car but it is still drivable. insurance approved the claim and sent me a check under my name and the lienholder. i dropped off the check to the shop and endorsed it on my part on 06012023. they keep saying that they are waiting to get me a rental and therefore havent even dropped off the car which they said takes about 2 to 3 weeks to repair. its been 3 weeks since i dropped off the check is there anything i can do to get the check back which they probably already cashed?

is there anything i can do to get the check back which they probably already cashed?

I doubt that the repair shop would give you back the check.

However, have you contacted your claims adjuster or customer service for your insurer?

Your insurer can tell you if the repair facility has, indeed, deposited the check in their bank account.

After you've satisfied your curiosity, ask the claims adjuster or service rep if they can assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle and speeding up the repair process.

I doubt that the repair shop would give you back the check.

However, have you contacted your claims adjuster or customer service for your insurer?

Your insurer can tell you if the repair facility has, indeed, deposited the check in their bank account.

After you've satisfied your curiosity, ask the claims adjuster or service rep if they can assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle and speeding up the repair process.

i dont have rental on my insurance

You sort of dropped us into the middle of a story without giving us any background.

I assume this is an auto repair shop and that you were in a car accident of some sort.

Whose insurance issued the check? Yours? Another driver's? Why was the check payable to you and the lienholder? The only reason that should have happened is if the car was totaled. Is that the case? Why would you endorse the check and leave it with the repair shop? Did the lienholder also endorse the check? If not, what good do you think the check will be to the repair shop?

they keep saying that they are waiting to get me a rental and therefore havent even dropped off the car which they said takes about 2 to 3 weeks to repair.

Who are "they," and why are "they" (and not you) in possession of your car? Why are "they" waiting for you to get a rental car?

is there anything i can do to get the check back which they probably already cashed?

How should we know? Did you call the repair shop and ask this question? If not, why not? If so, what response did you receive?

Back