Car purchased @ a BuyHere PayHere in Ga. doesn't run after 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

scully1979

Hello everyone!

On Monday 05/2/11 my husband and I purchased a car from a BuyHere PayHere lot in Georgia. Before the test drive the car did have to be jumped off, but the salesman told us he had planned on replaing the battery anyway. Before we left the lot he replaced the battery in the car and sent us on our way. Later in the same day the coolant light came on, and after checking levels it appeared to be a little low. Added coolant and light went off with no signs of overheating. On 5/5/11 we noticed a leak in the radiator. The dealer was closed by the time the leak was noticed so the plan was to contact him this morning. Late last night on the way to pick my husband up from work the car broke down and left my 2 year old and I stranded on the side of the road. We quickly figured out that the altenator needs to be replaced.

My question is what are my options? I was given a 30 day, 3000 miles warranty on things like transmission, drivetrain, etc. nut I just feel like the issues I am having are ones he had to know about before he sold the car. He snowed us a bit on the battery situation and I believe he already knew there was an alternator problem. We gave this man every dime we had on a downpayment and three days later the car is inoperable. Do I have any rights?

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.

Your options are listed in whatever warranty you were given when you bought the car. Read it carefully and hold them to it. This has all taken place within a few days, so you may have a bit of luck.

Regardless of what the salesman tells you, when you buy a used car you have a responsibility to inspect it thoroughly, or have a mechanic inspect it, before you buy.

Well, today is 05/10/11. On Friday 05/06/11 we paid $100 to have the car towed to the dealership. Yesterday I called and was told that there was nothing wrong with the alternator, that it ran fine for them over the weekend. I was told that they were looking for a used radiator and would call me when it came in. I went and picked the car up, got 8 miles down the road and it broke down again. Did the exact same thing as it did before. I have to leave the car on the side of the road and have someone pick me up. Spoke with the owner today who said the alternator was being sent out to be rebuilt and "I don't know what else you want from me lady" - It bothers be that everyone I have spoken to that is associated with that business acts as if I am wasting thier time asking about my options. I put money down and paid for a tow for a car that has been in my posession for three days. My husband and I have both had to make aternate arrangements fto get to and from work. Yet they all act like it isn't a big deal, that I shouldn't be angry. The onwer even went as far as to say to me "Look lady (again with the lady stuff) I've had 3 hours of sleep and I should be in the bed not here listening to you." Who talks that way to people. Just because my credit or downpayment doesn't afford me the opportunity to go to a more "reputible" dealership I deserve to be spoken to this way? My money spends like anyone elses money. I understand that with a buy here pay here you get what you pay for, but I worked hard for the money I gave them and I expect to be treated with respect. I am paying your living. I am without options I guess, and quite honestly feel like everyone one thinks that I should be okay with it.

wow, i have a similar situation. I gave this scumbag dealership all i had and my engine seized. They wont even return my calls. Seriously, like children. They are not honoring anything they promised and now my life has changed dramatically without a car. From work to my personal affairs, im screwed. I want to broadcast it from the rooftops DONT BUY FROM DORAL HYUNDAI!!!!! i am seriously considering picketing in front of their dealership until i am compensated.

Scully 1979-

Did you ever review your paperwork for language regarding a warranty? If it is there, hold them to it. Otherwise, any of the comments made by salesmen or mechanics aren't going to help you. The sooner you act on any warranty you are entitled to the better. If you wait to long your warranty, if you have one, may expire... which might be exactly what they want.

wow, i have a similar situation. I gave this scumbag dealership all i had and my engine seized. They wont even return my calls. Seriously, like children. They are not honoring anything they promised and now my life has changed dramatically without a car. From work to my personal affairs, im screwed. I want to broadcast it from the rooftops DONT BUY FROM DORAL HYUNDAI!!!!! i am seriously considering picketing in front of their dealership until i am compensated.

Same to you- review your paperwork for any warranty. Any promise made to you by the salesman is not enforceable, and there is probably language in your contract saying so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back