Can't believe what happened!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damotipeb

Not sure where to start. I worked for a contract company for the VA. One yr ago (last aug)my clinical manager and her supervisor were giving me a hard time about wanting to take FMLA for my sick mother. I had the legal forms filled out, etc....When my mother ended up in the hosp. this May my manager told me that I couldnt take anymore days off because I didnt fill out a new form at the end of Dec. I asked her why I wasnt told about it then..I was originally told that i had one yr from the date of first form. I was emailing the benefits person and she was telling me I should have known that and i was wrong and my manager was right,etc...i got a call that evening and they told me that they had made a mistake. Anyways we got that straightened out. I had been harrassed about this for a yr about that and many other things.Our HR supervisor was in our clinic on Tuesday for an inspection we were having...I was having a meeting with her at the end of the day to talk about some concerns i had when the manager and dr came barging in without knocking. The doctor was making up all kinds of lies....I was harrassing her, sending her naked pics on her cell phone, that i stole her perscription pad awhile ago, that i was having an affair with the secretary, that im not doing my job, that last yr i forced her to call a dr friend to get cat scan results about my mother...that i wouldnt let her out of of the room until she called, etc...Let me tell you..I was shocked. She told them if they didnt let me go that she was going to resign! Well you guessed it, they fired me....What am I supposed to do? I have called 2 attorneys that havent yet returned my call..but everything she said was a lie!!! Please help me...

You can be fired and not given a reason.

In this case, I'd file for unemployment.

You won't be getting your job back anytime soon.

FMLA doesn't prevent you from being fired for misconduct or any reason. FMLA just allows you some accommodation as long as you are employed.

This is Saturday. Don't expect to hear from those lawyers until sometime next week.

As far as my job goes I will try and collect the unemployment....But as far as being accused of illegal things such as stealing the script pads and her slandering me and even defamation of character..not sure what to do!!

As far as my job goes I will try and collect the unemployment....But as far as being accused of illegal things such as stealing the script pads and her slandering me and even defamation of character..not sure what to do!!

Don't waste your time pursuing any of that garbage unless you have about $15,000 or $20,000 to pay a retainer to hire a lawyer.

If you do have $20,000 laying around, don't waste it on something as risky as a slander lawsuit.

No lawyer is gonna take a case like that on a contingency.

So, let it go and forge on rebuilding your life and career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back