Can I will be wittness by two people that are included

45ctellez

Jurisdiction
Florida
My father decided to leave a will that his present wife witnessed along with me and it was notarized by an official state notary with their stamp. Is this sufficient proof of signature. Plus he also included his fingerprints stamp on every page. My brother did not want to participate because he is got my father to sign a reminderman on a life estate and wants it all for him. The Will has me receiving an amount ( 27k) that my father owed me which will be paid by the sale of the home ( which he lives in with his legal wife) and the rest of the proceeds would be divided 50/50 between my brother and his current wife. Is this o.k., since my brother did not want to participate?

My father decided to leave a will that his present wife witnessed along with me and it was notarized by an official state notary with their stamp. Is this sufficient proof of signature. Plus he also included his fingerprints stamp on every page. My brother did not want to participate because he is got my father to sign a reminderman on a life estate and wants it all for him. The Will has me receiving an amount ( 27k) that my father owed me which will be paid by the sale of the home ( which he lives in with his legal wife) and the rest of the proceeds would be divided 50/50 between my brother and his current wife. Is this o.k., since my brother did not want to participate?

Maybe, maybe not.
Wills are contested everyday, in every state all across the USA.
The only sure way of making sure your camera goes to Bobby, your rifle to Cousin Joe Bob, and that $50,000 cash in your safe goes to Grandma is to give it to them before you die.

Nothing in this life is ironclad, except we're all going to die one day.

The wife might not decide to sell the house.

Plus, if the house is sold, there'll be NOTHING for the remainderman.

Even if the house sells, there's zero guarantee what it'll sell for when its put on the market. Assuming, that is, the wife doesn't bequeath it in fee simpe to her new husband.

As I said, nothing in this life is guaranteed but death for each and every one of us, one day.

Back