Can I take a private seller to small claims court in Pa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvtill116

Can I take a private seller to small claims court in Pa? I purchased a car from Craig's list for $1300.00 on 4/47/2009 The cars motor went on 5/8/09. The repair shop said it would cost $4000.00 to fix. The seller said the car was in great shape and there were no problem but a transmission slip.

Can I take them to court? Please this would really help me. I have three kids and now no car or no money to purchase another one.

Thanks you

please respond to stvtill116@gmail.com
Here is the add

Great small car, really good on gas over 30 mpg, you can fill up on average for under $20. Car has around 130K miles, and needs light tranny work, it shouldn't need too much, just having a little problem catching in first gear. 2 door, automatic, 6 disc cd player, pw, pl, sunroof, 4cyl, abs, dual airbags, cruise control. Car has minor dings here and there but nothing too terrible. I will be uploading pics soon. Call Terry for questions

Sure; you can take them to court. What the judge will ask is whether you had a mechanic check out the car before you agreed to purchase it.

Typically these cars are sold "as is".

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back