Can I have custody of my children?

seastar

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My son and his wife relationship got cold and she started seeing another man. He let her stay in the house for the children sake and rented a small apartment. He could see his children as often as he wanted.
All of a sudden she moved from the house to another city without letting him know. She changed her phone number and stopped my son from communicating with his children. He found out that she moved with a couple who are her friends. The husband of this friend is a known sex offender who is enlisted in the Megan's law website for abusing an 8 year old girl. My son's daughter is 9. He is terrified for his boys and his girl.
He makes enough income to not qualify for legal services but he can't afford the huge cost of a lawyer. What can he do? He is getting depressed and grieves for his children all the time.

Last edited:
My son and his wife relationship got cold and she started seeing another man. He let her stay in the house for the children sake and rented a small apartment. He could see his children as often as he wanted.
All of a sudden she moved from the house to another city without letting him know. She changed her phone number and stopped my son from communicating with his children. He found out that she moved with a couple who are her friends. The husband of this friend is a known sex offender who is enlisted in the Megan's law website for abusing an 8 year old girl. My son's daughter is 9. He is terrified for his boys and his girl.
He makes enough income to not qualify for legal services but he can't afford the huge cost of a lawyer. What can he do? He is getting depressed and grieves for his children all the time.

First of all, as a parent, I'd spend every dollar I had, borrow every dollar I could, and beg any other dollars I need to protect my children.

But, dad doesn't need to do anything except report that his children are forced to reside in a home with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE and CHILD MOLESTER.

I wouldn't worry so much about custody, as I would worry about making sure ALL of those precious children are removed from the lair of that filthy, vile, disgusting, subhuman, CONVICTED pedophile!!!!

If the child you would like to report on is in immediate danger, please call 911 immediately.

In case of an emergency dial 911 or call your local police and then contact the Child Abuse Hotline, ChildLine at 1-800-932-0313.

This toll free number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with caseworkers waiting to assist you.

You should call the Child Abuse Hotline, ChildLine at 1-800-932-0313 for the following situations:

If you are not a mandated reporter;
You prefer to remain anonymous;
You do not know the county where the incident occurred;
The suspected abuse and/or neglect you are reporting occurred outside the state of Pennsylvania;
You are unsure if the child is at imminent risk of harm.
You have more than 8 alleged perpetrators and/or the child has a list of extensive injuries.

ATTENTION

This reporting system is provided for your convenience to report instances of abuse and/or neglect of children that do not require an emergency response. An emergency is a situation when a child appears to face an immediate threat of abuse and/or neglect that could result in his/her death or serious harm.

He can report what he knows without cost right here, or you can do it anonymously, grandmother:

https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home

https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/ReferralsLearnMore

First of all, as a parent, I'd spend every dollar I had, borrow every dollar I could, and beg any other dollars I need to protect my children.

But, dad doesn't need to do anything except report that his children are forced to reside in a home with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE and CHILD MOLESTER.

I wouldn't worry so much about custody, as I would worry about making sure ALL of those precious children are removed from the lair of that filthy, vile, disgusting, subhuman, CONVICTED pedophile!!!!

If the child you would like to report on is in immediate danger, please call 911 immediately.

In case of an emergency dial 911 or call your local police and then contact the Child Abuse Hotline, ChildLine at 1-800-932-0313.

This toll free number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with caseworkers waiting to assist you.

You should call the Child Abuse Hotline, ChildLine at 1-800-932-0313 for the following situations:

If you are not a mandated reporter;
You prefer to remain anonymous;
You do not know the county where the incident occurred;
The suspected abuse and/or neglect you are reporting occurred outside the state of Pennsylvania;
You are unsure if the child is at imminent risk of harm.
You have more than 8 alleged perpetrators and/or the child has a list of extensive injuries.

ATTENTION

This reporting system is provided for your convenience to report instances of abuse and/or neglect of children that do not require an emergency response. An emergency is a situation when a child appears to face an immediate threat of abuse and/or neglect that could result in his/her death or serious harm.

He can report what he knows without cost right here, or you can do it anonymously, grandmother:

https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home

https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/ReferralsLearnMore

Thank you so much for your answer. That was done already. I called the police and told them my daughter in law moved with my grandchildren to a known sex offender apartment and asked them if they could go with my son and get the kids out of there and the police said they couldn't do that unless there were a court order.

Children and Youth was called and they visited the apartment and said everything was fine they only advised my daughter in law not to leave the kids alone with him. She said she was not leaving the kids alone with him which is a lie since her 13 year old daughter said she let the guy babysit her children. Children and Youth closed the case.

My son then went to a lawyer and paid him $300 for some papers to go to court and request custody. But he will not represent my son in court since my son doesn't have enough money as to pay the service of the lawyer.

Court will be tomorrow and I hope that when the judge realize the danger the kids are in to let my son have the children.

Sadly, the child protection zealots show little zeal when much zeal should be shown. Children are snatched from many innocent parents, and often are left in harm's way. I hope you and your son can rescue those babies.

Back