Can I charge my ex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpharose

I'll try to keep this short. My ex...while we were married, found out four years post that our then 18 year old had been "molested" (he unhooked her bra and sat her on his lap in a river), he didn't penatrate her, and she didn't tell anyone for 4 years she told our Pastor before she married. He told her to go home and talk to her dad, she got home and started to tell him, and he said..."I already know about (man's name) and I will deal with it." He never told me (this was 2 year before we divorced) and he never confronted the man, he continued to have lunch with the man at least twice a month. Then when we divorced, he used the man and his family as sitters even allowing our younger daughters to sleep over at the house. This year my older daughter told me about it...it's now been 7 years post trama for her...anyway we just found out that our younger daughter was molested also by the same man, after our divorce at his home. He touched her breast (as much as a 8-10 year old has), and even penatrated her at least once with his fingers. When I found out...i called CPS (in Texas) and the D A of the county he lives in. It is now 14 months since the case was opened and I believe it has finally gone to the DA to send to the grand jury. My question is...can I charge my ex with endangering my younger children, since he knew the older daughter had been touched? (we do have a case on the oldest daughter in another county on the same man...) Thank you for listening to that long story and I await any and all responses....

You cannot charge your EX but the DA can. I would ask the DA if it is possible to press charges against your ex for knowingly putitng the kids in danger.

thanks again

Duranie, you are just a wealth of information, thanks....do I needto wait until the molestor is convicted or do I need to do something now?

no billed

The man that assualted my daughter was no billed by the Grand Jury, I spoke to the D.A.'s office and found out that the man wasn't really charged right...anyway if the man is "no billed" does this mean my ex husband gets away with sending my girls over to this man's house even after he knew about the abuse of my older daughter?
Help.....Rose

It is endangerment of a child

It is considered endangerment of a child if your exhusband knows all about the crimes committed to your daughters. I suggest speaking to the state attorney's office in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back