Business Deceptive Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

marah2827

A Carpet Trend representative came to my house and discussed the three month same as cash requirements. The three month same as cash process to be official before carpet service to be carried out, I had to write four post dated checks for $300.00 each, fill out a document that included personal information and signature. I called two days later and spoke to a Carpet Trend representative by phone to cancel the carpet service because I could not make that lump sum of payment within three months and that those payments would conflict with my fixed expenses. I also mention that I was able to get carpet services a more reasonable price through Home Depot promotion. The Company Carpet Trends has cleared the post dated checks - owner of the company- has signed and cleared the checks. After I had cancelled the carpet services. I've called the Company contact number but has not received a response. I've filed two complaint to the Better Business Bureau and The Texas State Attorney General requested that this company refund $900.00 back to my checking account.

In conclusion, this company withdrawn money from my checking account after I called and cancelled services had insufficient charges to my account, negative balance, and behind on my bills. I really appreciate who ever read this statement can please help.

marah2827 said:
A Carpet Trend representative came to my house and discussed the three month same as cash requirements. The three month same as cash process to be official before carpet service to be carried out, I had to write four post dated checks for $300.00 each, fill out a document that included personal information and signature. I called two days later and spoke to a Carpet Trend representative by phone to cancel the carpet service because I could not make that lump sum of payment within three months and that those payments would conflict with my fixed expenses. I also mention that I was able to get carpet services a more reasonable price through Home Depot promotion. The Company Carpet Trends has cleared the post dated checks - owner of the company- has signed and cleared the checks. After I had cancelled the carpet services. I've called the Company contact number but has not received a response. I've filed two complaint to the Better Business Bureau and The Texas State Attorney General requested that this company refund $900.00 back to my checking account.

In conclusion, this company withdrawn money from my checking account after I called and cancelled services had insufficient charges to my account, negative balance, and behind on my bills. I really appreciate who ever read this statement can please help.
I'm not sure I understand what is going on only that you were supposed to buy carpet and use 4 post-dated checks. Not something I would be comfortable with. Evidently you must have made a $900 deposit of some sort. You should probably send the company a written letter via a certified method demanding the refund of your money within X days and then go to small claims court if they do not provide you with the funds within the specified time. Good luck to you and your flooring efforts! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back