black balling

Joan Sheldon

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
My previous employer is preventing me from getting into another job. I resigned but instead they hve me down as terminated. Also has me down as accidents on my driver iq check. I was not in any accident let alone accidents as they are claiming. I have talked to safety about this and they stated they did not do it. They will not discuss this with me or other business I am trying to get into. When I said I quit because I was called a liar when telling the truth I was told I can't quite because they was terminating me.

My previous employer is preventing me from getting into another job. I resigned but instead they hve me down as terminated. Also has me down as accidents on my driver iq check. I was not in any accident let alone accidents as they are claiming. I have talked to safety about this and they stated they did not do it. They will not discuss this with me or other business I am trying to get into. When I said I quit because I was called a liar when telling the truth I was told I can't quite because they was terminating me.

How do you know they are the reason you are having difficulty getting another job?

Have you filed for unemployment yet?

I note that you didn't ask a question in your post.

My previous employer is preventing me from getting into another job.

How so?

I resigned but instead they hve me down as terminated.

What does "have me down" mean? Are you saying that, when a prospective employer called your former employer for a reference, your former employer falsely claimed that you were fired?

Also has me down as accidents on my driver iq check.

I have no idea what this means.

I have talked to safety about this and they stated they did not do it. They will not discuss this with me

First you say that "safety" (whoever or whatever that is) told you that "they" didn't do it, but then you said that "they" won't discuss it with you. Both of those statements can't be true.

When I said I quit because I was called a liar when telling the truth I was told I can't quite because they was terminating me.

Ummm...ok.

If you believe that your former employer is disseminating false factual information to prospective employer, you may have a basis to sue for defamation. Consult local counsel.

On my Driver IQ they listed it as terminated, they also have accidents which there are no accidents. I drove a semi. Driver IQ is what truck driving companies look at for reports from previous companies. When I asked safety (a department in the company) to please give me details on why they have me down as terminated instead of resigned they refuse to discuss it with me or anyone. They state unsatisfied safety report. I had 79,789 safe miles in a matter of 10.5 months. After this they took away alot of my safe miles and knocked it down to 61,000 and some odd miles.

Yes they are saying that I was fired when I resigned.

Employers aren't required to accept an employee's resignation if the employer has decided to terminate the employee.

Have you filed (are you planning to file) for unemployment?

Official Nebraska Department of Labor | Unemployment Insurance Benefits - File Online at NEworks.nebraska.gov

How can I apply for benefits?

Unemployment Insurance claims in Nebraska are filed online at NEworks.nebraska.gov. If you do not have internet access or have a disability requiring assistive technology, please visit your local Job Center for assistance. For a listing of Job Centers, click HERE. Click HERE for step-by-step filing instructions.

If you are filing a Nebraska unemployment claim from another state and do not live in a county bordering Nebraska, you must register for employment services in the state of your residence.

https://dol.nebraska.gov/webdocs/getfile/d9c15f48-1d09-4f82-9839-1ceaaa388159

NEworks

What information do I need when I apply?

Social Security Number
Complete home mailing address, including ZIP code
Telephone number
Email address
County you live in
Driver's license number or State ID card number
If you select direct deposit, your bank routing number and account number
The company names for all your employers from the past 18 months as they appear on your paycheck stubs or W-2 forms
Complete mailing addresses of employers, including ZIP code and the city in which the business is physically located
Your start and end dates with each employer, including month, day, and year
Your reason for leaving each employer (lack of work, voluntary quit, discharge, leave of absence)
Employment authorization number and expiration date (if a non-citizen)
If you served in the military the past 18 months, DD 214 Member #4 Form
If you worked for the federal government as a civilian employee in the last 18 months, Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50. Also, compile your total wages earned with the federal employer in the last 18 months and indicate how you were paid (hourly, weekly, and monthly).

https://dol.nebraska.gov/webdocs/Resources/Items/Updated English Handbook for Unemployed Workers.pdf

Employers aren't required to accept an employee's resignation if the employer has decided to terminate the employee.

Official Nebraska Department of Labor | Unemployment Insurance Benefits - File Online at NEworks.nebraska.gov

Unemployment Insurance claims in Nebraska are filed online at NEworks.nebraska.gov. If you do not have internet access or have a disability requiring assistive technology, please visit your local Job Center for assistance. For a listing of Job Centers, click HERE. Click HERE for step-by-step filing instructions.

If you are filing a Nebraska unemployment claim from another state and do not live in a county bordering Nebraska, you must register for employment services in the state of your residence.

NEworks

Social Security Number
Telephone number
Email address
County you live in
The company names for all your employers from the past 18 months as they appear on your paycheck stubs or W-2 forms
Complete mailing addresses of employers, including ZIP code and the city in which the business is physically located
Your reason for leaving each employer (lack of work, voluntary quit, discharge, leave of absence)
If you worked for the federal government as a civilian employee in the last 18 months, Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50. Also, compile your total wages earned with the federal employer in the last 18 months and indicate how you were paid (hourly, weekly, and monthly).

https://dol.nebraska.gov/webdocs/Resources/Items/Updated English Handbook for Unemployed Workers.pdf

I did apply for unemployment here in Michigan where I live. So employers can just say what they want when an employee resigns?

NEworks

Social Security Number
Telephone number
Email address
County you live in

They also have down that I was in accidents but I was not in ANY accidents. They are reporting faulse accusations.

I did apply for unemployment here in Michigan where I live. So employers can just say what they want when an employee resigns?

You only KNOW your intentions.

You claim you resigned.

Your resignation is effective when accepted by the employer.

However, if the employer terminated you, but didn't notify you until you expressed your desire to resign, you'll likely be terminated (as in fired) because the resignation was received after the employer decided to terminate you.

So employers can just say what they want when an employee resigns?

They can say just about anything. Did you read all of my prior response:

"If you believe that your former employer is disseminating false factual information to prospective employer, you may have a basis to sue for defamation. Consult local counsel."

Back