Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft bad problems with problem deputy

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_Turk

Hi everyone, I had an antique tractor stolen about a year ago, and I reported it to the sheriff immediatly. I eventually talk to the guy that took it, he told me that if I gave him $1000 I could have it back. And he told me that when he took it, he told the Chief Deputy that he took it from my property and asked him" to let him know if he heard anything ". When I showed up to talk to the sheriff about this new info, the deputy threatens to charge me with a bunch of crap that he thinks I was guilty of from at least fourteen years ago. I encouraged him to do so, so that we could return to the matter at hand. When the deputy figured that I was not going to hide in the corner and cry, he left. The sheriff then asked what I wanted to do, and I told him I was going to hire a truck for the next morning, and that he was going to to recover my property and return it, which he did. The guy that took it made no effort to conceal the fact that he took it or that the chief deputy knew where it was before and after I reported the theft. The county attorney failed to file any charges. He told me that he would not press charges unless he thought he had at least a 50% chance of winning the case. Huh? So I file a complaint with the State Atty. General. The A.G. office decides that it should be handled by the locals, and guess what, the County atty. sends me a letter saying essentially that the deputy did nothing wrong. Dead end for me. Now here is the real problem. I am maybe one of a couple dozen people that have filed complaints against this deputy and have had the same result. The county atty told us that the deputy answers to the sheriff only, and that the sheriff answers to no one. And he told us that the deputies have no "code of conduct" with which they must comply. I only know the facts for my case, but I believe if anyone actually looked into this guy's behavior that we could maybe get something done about it. Can a deputy make the decisions about whether a person deserves law enforcements help or not? Is there nothing like equal protection under the law? Is there anything to be done? Thanks

re: problems with deputy

Hi, I just read about your problem and I also live in a town where the so called "law" is pretty corrupt. Our county attorny is the worst of all, he likes to throw his weight around, he also writes hot checks and gets away with it because, well, it all goes through the county attorney, so unfair! The law officers in this town pretty much also do what they want to who they want, everybody is everybody elses pocket so to speak. But from what I understand, the only people that can investigate and do anything about law inforcement is the texas rangers, I dont know if your in texas or not, I am, and we have had a few people call in the texas rangers to do something about a couple of our law officers. I myself and fixing to have to do the same thing since the county attorney is out to get me and my kids, for any reason whatsoever because I refuse to "roll over" and take his crap. They are getting away with anything they want and its time it stops. Unfortunately, nobody "the Law" believes just a civilian, because the law doesnt make mistakes, yeah right! also if you dont live in texas, try getting ahold of the nearest internal affairs office, they, also, Im told can investigate law officials....good luck, I hope you bring them all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back