Attorney Fees vs. Trustee Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmtrust

Trustee quit. He had billed Trust $50/hr.

Now his attorney is emailing and calling the beneficiaries and billing $350/hr.

Q: Can he get away with that price?

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES!

He's entitled to bill whatever his rate is. My question is, if the trustee quit, what work is his attorney doing for the trust?

Thank you for your reply!

i like your question!
"what is he doing for the trust?"

after the trustee said he quit and refused to answer calls, his atty began to call and email.

after four months waiting to get the trustee to be removed i petitioned to remove him-- he had quit! ???

no one appeared at the hearing so judge appointed me trustee.

next day, judge told me he suspended the ruling bcz new info....

four months and four hearings, old trustee still trustee and still not answering calls. trustee atty still emailing .

since then, trustee atty has charged trust $25-30,000 for last four months of litigating!

i have objected every hearing. judge just orders new hearing, atty adds more charges, trust depleted each month.

i get nothing!

now judge decides evidentiary hearing.

Q: ANY ADVICE FOR EVIDENTIARY HEARING?

Q: EVID. HEARING VS REGULAR CIVIL SUIT FILED FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, FRAUD, ETC.?

He's entitled to bill whatever his rate is. My question is, if the trustee quit, what work is his attorney doing for the trust?
the atty began to email the benes. saying the trustee will be resigning; that a second accounting was in progress.

obvious he was just marking up charges.

we all wanted the trustee out long ago and told the atty we would administrate the trust.

since the hearing, the atty has filed countless petitions and called me to settle the account only to refuse any offer i gave, giving thought offer to settle was simply more ruse to add charges.

I don't fully understand what it is he's billing for.

He's entitled to be paid by the trust for work he's doing for the trustee on behalf of the trust.

If the trustee resigned, why is he contesting?
next day, judge told me he suspended the ruling bcz new info....
four months and four hearings, old trustee still trustee and still not answering calls. trustee atty still emailing .
What new info, who is he emailing and what about?

$35,000 is probably ridiculous, and if he sticks the trust with the bill, the trustee (whoever that is now) should contest it. If the old trustee is still trustee, he should contest it or be removed because he's not acting in the best interests of the trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back