Alienation of Affection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald1221

In June of 2005 a I began a new job in my home town, my first day I was sent out to the job site with another co-worker who recognized my last name and began telling me how he used to live with a lady who called her daughter "Poindexter" whenever she did something she thougt was stupid. During our conversation he gave me this woman's name. To make a long story short, that day I found out that I was the father a healthy bouncing 12 yr old girl. When I informed my wife of the days events, the two of us decided that we needed to find her and her mother and establish a relationship which was exactly what we did. On July 3, Ii met my daughter for the first time and tried to get answers from her mother as to why she took it upon herself to deny me of my parental rights. Paternity was established in August and that same month a hearing was held and an order of support was issued. It was at this hearing that I was informed that she also failed to inform the State of TN that i was her father and was receiving state aid for her that I have to repay. At the present time I am working in NV and tonight my daughter should be arriving for the holidays unless her mother comes up with a reason why she can't once again. This is my third attempt to have her out here, with 0 being successful as of yet, her mother refuses to agree to any type of set visitation and I will lose my job if I have to go to TN to gain such and won't be able to pay support. Just recently there was a hearing held that I was Not informed of. I received notification of such the day afterthe actual hearing the envelope it arrived in was stamped in the office of DCSE for 8/08/06 and was again postmarked on 9/27/06 and was received by me on 9/30. That is still not all. On 10/26/06 I received a letter that onlty told me the review was complete and I had fifteen days from the date of such letter to file appeal. The date was 10/12 and what was I going to appeal the findings were not included 10/30 I rceived what the findings were 260.00 a week judgement made by default due to my failure to appear and I can't even appeal this. There has not been a custody order issued and my daughter has stat that she wants to stay with me instead of return to her mother. Can i legally keep her here and file for custody in this state. Her mother for some reason has relinquished her parental rights to a son younger tha my daughter, she just married a man in prison for dealing drugs and her father has spent fifteen years in prison for molesting his step daughter and my daughter is left there alone with him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:( :(

Is there an actual order of visitation? If not it is time to get one. Without an order of visitation from the courts, mom does not have to allow visits.

If paternity was established, it is probably legal for you to keep the child but I would not recommend it. You should file for custody. Without an actual custody order on paper, it would be hard to establish who has cuistody but that may look very negatively you to the courts so if you want to file for custody, you have that right, but you may or may not get it.

If the mom was on state assistance then you have to pay the state back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back