ALF bill

Lowell Wolf

Jurisdiction
Florida
I've been a resident of an assisted living facility since October 2021. For the first three months the administrator at the time didn't bill Medicaid for my room and board nor did he set an amount for me to pay each month as my deductible. For those three months I was basically living at the ALF free. In January of 2022 I began paying a deductible per month of some $750 and I continued paying that amount each month. Every month I'm invoiced a very large sum of money in addition to my monthly deductible. I do not know why I am billed this very large amount unless it is the Medicaid charges that Medicaid was not charged for. The administrator refuses to discuss or document it. She has said I must either pay it or leave.
Can an ALF bill me for an amount Medicaid should have paid if they had billed Medicaid but neglected to do so?
I have only Social Security and cannot pay this large amount.

-

Questions: Wouldn't it make sense to call the Medicaid claims office and find out what to do about the invoices?

Answer: Yes, it would make sense to call the Medicaid claims office and find out what to do about the invoices.

Questions: Wouldn't it make sense to call the Medicaid claims office and find out what to do about the invoices?

Answer: Yes, it would make sense to call the Medicaid claims office and find out what to do about the invoices.

The Medicaid claims office of the state of FL? I suppose I could do that. It is complicated by the fact I'm deaf and legally blind, and I have only email for communicating outside the ALF. In addition two Medicaid caseworkers who visited me and were made awarw of the situation have said I should pay the large amount. On the other hand an Ombudsman from the Department of Elder Affairs helped me document that I fully paid the deductible for the missing three months plus another in 2022. I will see if the Medical claims office can be emailed.

The Medicaid claims office of the state of FL? I suppose I could do that. It is complicated by the fact I'm deaf and legally blind, and I have only email for communicating outside the ALF.
I don't understand how you are posting here if this is the case.
In any case, as advised above, your matter goes beyond that for which an internet forum can help.

Back