Acknowledgment of assignment of judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mz Austin

Does Georgia allow for judgements to be assigned to 3rd party individuals for the purpose of collecting on the debt on a contingency basis for the judgement creditor? I was told I would need to file a ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF ASSIGNMENT OF JUDGMENT in order to receive ownership of the judgement but not finding much information for GA. I found CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
SECTION 708.510 for California but would really like to get clarification in GA where I live and am attempting to do this.

Does Georgia allow for judgements to be assigned to 3rd party individuals for the purpose of collecting on the debt on a contingency basis for the judgement creditor? I was told I would need to file a ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF ASSIGNMENT OF JUDGMENT in order to receive ownership of the judgement but not finding much information for GA. I found CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
SECTION 708.510 for California but would really like to get clarification in GA where I live and am attempting to do this.

If you Google, Bing, or Yahoo the terms, being sure to add Georgia to the query, you'll soon be pointed in the right direction; assuming you were told correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back