accused of threats/intimidation because of a social media post

Take a deep breath. Just because she makes a report doesn't mean the police are going to take any action. If she's that unbalanced, they'll be able to tell.

How much would it cost for a case like this? I don't think you understand fully what she's accusing me of. I feel like I'm going to die.There's no proof but still I think she can make anything sound believable. And this other person --------- held a Twitter space last night speaking on everything, it's so many lies...I don't even know where to start. These women are both on drugs because they both need to take it and they are saying ANYTHING sounding so crazy when I have loads of screenshots that can disprove almost every single thing they are saying. This is madness! I'm scared to keep defending myself online because it's making the stalker madder! I'm getting death threats and being called all types of ----------- This is a feminist space we're in that im talking about. I've never been called a ---------- in my life, not once, until ive been in this feminist space. These women are privileged and they know that I'm not! I'm fearing for my life. I could lose my job. I can be kicked out of my family's home. They are slandering me left and right, idk what to do. They are trying to ruin my reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:
She has now doxed me and is reporting me to police for false accusations. I need serious help.
What you need is to stop reacting. Only you know if you did anything wrong or illegal. And if you didn't, then stop letting this person push your buttons. The more you react, the more this person will continue to push those buttons.

What is she reporting to police? Have you been contacted by the police. Stop being paranoid and stop looking for her posts. Get on with your life.

You are starting to sound like the crazy one.

Last edited:
I'm fearing for my life
If you fear your life could be snuffed out, as people often snuff out candles, call "911" and request the police respond to wherever you're located.

Otherwise, haul your fearful carcass into the nearest state police barracks, sheriff's office, or police station and file an official police report.

You can also visit the county prosecutor or district attorney and report your fears and reveal your allegations.

No need to be afraid, I've provided you with all the solutions you require, all at no cost to you.

I'm a very helpful GOOD SAMARITAN!!!

6920280-Dean-Koontz-Quote-Fear-for-your-life-sharpens-your-edge-Dread-4265884310.jpg

snuffer.jpg

What you need is to stop reacting. Only you know if you did anything wrong or illegal. And if you didn't, then stop letting this person push your buttons. The more you react, the more this person will continue to push those buttons.

What is she reporting to police? Have you been contacted by the police. Stop being paranoid and stop looking for her posts. Get on with your life.

You are starting to sound like the crazy one.
----------- I'm Twitter is the page that she is using to accuse me on. She has posted my real name and she's know my location and has reported crimes to the police in my city. This just happened yesterday while I was at work. I ignored her and people contacted me telling me that she was still going so I went to check and she knows my birthday, address and real name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm being accused by someone I used to talk to of threats/intimidation but the social media post that they are claiming is a threat has nothing to do with them whatsoever. It wasn't even a violent post and doesn't mention them directly or indirectly.

I have witnessed this person suffering from severe paranoia and they have a reputation for falsely accusing people of targeting them on social media. Would an accusation like this hold up in court just because a person assumes that a post was made to threaten them?

----------- I'm Twitter is the page that she is using to accuse me on. She has posted my real name and she's know my location and has reported crimes to the police in my city. This just happened yesterday while I was at work. I ignored her and people contacted me telling me that she was still going so I went to check and she knows my birthday, address and real name.
Sorry to hear about the problem and most important is to calm down and not to panic. An overwhleming amount of the time will few ever see a handful of posts lost in the millions of rubbish that consumes Twitter/X, or whatever Elon Musk calls it these days. Some basics:

1) We haven't seen the post so we can't form a specific conclusion. Generally, if Twitter decides after review that a post doesn't violate Twitter's very strict user guidelines / terms of use, chances are extremely slim that a poster would or could be prosecuted for violating the law. It's one reason why those terms exist, to protect users and the service.

2) If you reported her posts to Twitter, they might take them down as a violation of their terms of use, e.g., harrassment, etc. That would probably be the appropriate action to take. Reaching out to Twitter and notifying them of the issue will also put them on notice to track her movements using burner accounts to see whether the user may be the same person and that you are being cyber stalked.

There are many good responses above on addressing this issue and legal intervention may not be warranted.

Well you should have just immediately blocked her and not even entertained her posts - and reported the posts to Twitter before you blocked her. And have others report them.

Her making an accusation or filing a report doesn't mean you'll get arrested. It doesn't even mean they'll take it seriously. If you know you did nothing wrong, then don't freak out. If anything, go look up lawyers in your area who offer free consultations and who have experience with libel or defamation. They will tell you accurate legal advice.

Back