a concerned wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyb

My husband of 6 years has a 12 year old daughter. He terminated and relinquished his rights in 1996 to his daughters mothers husband. When he did this he was young, misdirected and also a drug user. In the beginning he made every attempt to see his daughter and to part of her life. The mother and her family did everything possible to make it nearly impossible until the adoption. Now I am not making excuses for my husband he made his share of mistakes. We have two sons and it has not been an easy road for us. Two and half years ago my husband went to a year long drug treatment program and has been clean and sober since. He is a terrific father and husband. He sees his daughter around town(we live in a small community) and I can see how much he wants to know her and be a part of her life. I have known the mothers family nearly all of my life and I now they are very stubborn and difficult people. I am wondering what, if anything, my husband can do to be a part of his daughters life?? :confused:

If his rights were terminated, and the step father adopter her, it is VERY unlikely anything can be done now. Adoptions just cannot be reversed. He consented to it back then, so now mcuh can be done now. He can see an attorney if he wants otherwise when the girl turns 18 she can see him again if she chooses too. Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back