1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

5th degree theft charge, employment and college

Discussion in 'Hiring, Applications, Background Checks' started by jpnelson201, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpnelson201

jpnelson201 Law Topic Starter New Member

I have a 5th degree theft charge from 2007. It was for a bad check for under 100.00. I recently lost a job working for a company that processed checks and credit card donations to non-profit organizations. The HR manager told me that I was not able to be bonded.

1st - can this kind of charge be expunged?

2nd - I'm going to be attending college in August 2012 to obtain an A.A. degree in Business Management. Will I be able to be gainfully employed in this area of employment with this on my record?

2. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Moderator

Talk to a local Attorney but I believe the crime must be at least 7 years old. I could be wrong so consult an Attorney

jpnelson201 likes this.
  3. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

What can and cannot be expunged, and if so when it can be expunged, is state specific and you did not list your state.

jpnelson201 likes this.