Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom4A

My son was arrested on a zero tolerance violation (blew.02). There was one other underage drinker in the vehicle who had also been drinking. I am not opposed to my son receiving a citation for zero tolerance (I'd rather be dealing with this than scaping him off the highway) however, the other individual had been stopped for the same offense just 24 hours prior and let go and this time when asked for an ID he produced a military ID (NAVY) and the officer commented on being in the Navy as well, took the handcuffs off of him and said "Have a good evening." Ive asked my son if they video taped the stop...he said the camera was on, but he doesn't know if it was recording as nothing was said about recording...I am of the opinion that all should be treated equal. Also, I am thinking we're experiencing a bit of police harassment as the officer has followed my son on numerous ocassions ...some prior to this incident and some after. What steps should be taken?

There is nothing that can be done about this. The fact that somebody else was favored and your son wasn't doesn't help out your son in any way.

:mad:
RyTRiX said:
There is nothing that can be done about this. The fact that somebody else was favored and your son wasn't doesn't help out your son in any way.

I guess my loss of respect for the local department is justified ...no wonder small town officers have a bad name...it is ok for them to behave inappropriately because "we" say it is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back