Consumer Fraud yt dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris75

I recently engaged in a deal over YouTube. The deal was his collection of baseball cards listed for my $1,000 cash. He agreed to send first but didn't not send all the listed cards. He assured me he would send first and I proceeded to mail my $1,000 as he requested. He received before I received the full list of cards and claims there was only $350 in the package I send him.

He showed a video of him opening the package but didn't clearly show my address. He said he stopped the 2nd package that contained the rest of the list and said he'll put me in jail if I don't send the rest of the money. What are my options? I don't what to go to jail or give more money to that scammer since I believe he opened and resealed the package.

You sent cash to someone you didn't know???

He's, unfortunately got you by your gonads!!!

Return his cards, but not before he returns your money this time.

Or, return his cards, return receipt (insured), and cut your losses!!!

Don't do this again.

Don't do business with people you don't know over the Internet.

This is why!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure because I've heard from several others (including lawyers) that I should just ignore him? Can I go to jail for this?

chris75 said:
Are you sure because I've heard from several others (including lawyers) that I should just ignore him? Can I go to jail for this?

Of course, you sure can ignore him.

From what you've posted, I don't see how you could face any criminal penaties.

This appears to be, at worst, a civil dispute.

Now you've heard it from another attorney.

I'm sure, IF what you've posted is accurate and truthful.

If I chose to sue him would it worth it? He only included 3/4 of what I'm suppose to get. I live in IL, he lives in CA. My guess would be no, but should I file a police report?

chris75 said:
If I chose to sue him would it worth it? He only included 3/4 of what I'm suppose to get. I live in IL, he lives in CA. My guess would be no, but should I file a police report?
I thought you wanted to ignore him?
You can sue him.
But serving him might be difficult.
Then collecting your judgment (if you win) might be more difficult.
You can try to file a police report.
But, they'll probably tell you it's a civil matter.

I thought you wanted to ignore him?
You can sue him.
But serving him might be difficult.
Then collecting your judgment (if you win) might be more difficult.
You can try to file a police report.
But, they'll probably tell you it's a civil matter.

I said others suggest that I should just ignore him and let this go. I would like to actually sue him but I don't want to take a huge financial hit. Roughly, how much does a civil attorney cost? Would I have to go to his state to sue him?

Last edited:
I said others suggest that I should just ignore him and let this go. I would like to actually sue him but I don't want to take a huge financial hit. Roughly, how much does a civil attorney cost? Would I have to go to his state to sue him?

In your state, I doubt you could retain a lawyer for less than $1,500 for a case like this.

It'll cost you double what you might recover.

Yes, the only way to sue anyone is to serve them

To serve them, a court has to have jurisdiction over them.

You are in different states.

So, you'd have to sue him in his state and serve him there.

The other option is to sue him in federal court.

But, that gets VERY expensive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back