YouTube Video Critique, Commentary, Parody - Screenshot & Transcript Quote Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

consignment

Jurisdiction
Iowa
I have nearly a quarter century of online selling with additional years of warehousing experience.

I am seeing a huge number of YouTubers providing completely false information about online selling on sites such as eBay. This is usually being done to convince people they are a expert in the field so that they can sell them things and / or earn commissions from affiliate links. Some are doing it because they don't know any better.

When you make a comment on their their video about how their claim can't be true and then provide the proof they hide your comments from other viewers or threaten you. In a recent video a guy made the claim twice that he had a 386% sell through rate. LOL, 100% is the most you could hope for if you understand elementary school level math.

I'd like to review these YouTube videos on my own blog or site offering proof that questions the claims made. I don't to to embed the video in my site. I would like to create screenshots from each video, preferably with the closed text showing the false information in place, and display these screenshot on my site with my response. I could also just post just one screenshot of the start of the video and simply quote portions of the video transcript.

I would download a copy of each video for my own protection should the author later try to delete it and claim I made it all up. I'd add a standard disclosure about fair use and so forth.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with our little, online community.
Sharing is caring.
thank-you-dribbble.gif

I'd add a standard disclosure about fair use and so forth.

Wouldn't stop the lawsuit from being delivered to your door. How much money do you have in the bank to hire a lawyer to defend a lawsuit for infringement? You'll need $10k for a retainer and end up spending $40K or more by the time you're done.

Wouldn't stop the lawsuit from being delivered to your door. How much money do you have in the bank to hire a lawyer to defend a lawsuit for infringement? You'll need $10k for a retainer and end up spending $40K or more by the time you're done.

I'll guess I have to use my own character illustrations, which seem far more fitting anyway as they designed to parody the author's baseless claims.

The actual transcript is auto generated by YouTube, but then that can be accomplished by other tools also. The entire transcript is not needed, only quotes of the spoken text.

Listing video indexes and quotes that corresponding to them is all that is really needed to publish a reply.

A copy of the video and transcript will be archived for added protection.

I am curious what liability these YouTubers have in regards to a lawsuit. They don't provide ant type of disclaimers at all.

They are directly instructing people to engage in behavior that likely can cause them financial harm. For instance; one YouTuber was instructing people to purchase items with a high sell through rate, but then provides a completely false method of how you compute that ratio. This is going to lead people to buy items use his completely false method of computing sell through ratios to buy items they are going to get stuck with.

When caught in the falsehood he hides the comments proving he completely wrong and add a note not to leave any comments about the sell through rate as this is how he as always done it. Its one thing if this guy doe snot want to understand elementary school age math buy providing a instructional video to others how to do it wrong is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back