Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft You got the wrong person

F

Future-2017

Jurisdiction
Texas
I work in the oilfield as a Casing Crew Pusher and before this incident me and father was in the final stretch of opening our own Casing clean/inspect/drift company. As a crew Pusher you operate 24/7 with no scheduled days off working around the clock and gone for days at time. At all times every job I have 3-4 employees working under me and because of the physical demands its impossible to keep the same guys working, so basically you never known who or what kind of a person you'll end up with day to day. I had two brothers working for me for a good amount of time and prior to this I did not know of there crimal back ground. So I got a call late at night for a job scheduled for 1:30 a.m. I get to there house pick them and as I'm pulling off there road on to the major road I get pulled over (which they say the reason was my trailer lights was not working properly) ohh and my truck I was driven i had just bought that day. They come up ask there questions run my info everything came back clear and good then they ask me to step to the rear of my vehicle, at this point I'm just trying to get back on the road before I'm tolate instead of argue my rightz. Boom they handcuff and say its for there protection they get the two brothers out and dk the same with them. They pull me to the side start harrasing me, they had sherriff vest on but tell me that they are fed. It caught me way off guard, they start asking me about the two brothers and why would I be hanging out with people like that and come to find out they all know each other and there both 2 time convicted felons. They ask to search I said no they did it anyway, note : brand new truck. I had nothing on me both of them vet caught with pipes and one had marijuana. I was there 1.5 hrs. and some how they just let us all go no tickets warnings, nothing! I got suspended after that job for being so late. After that day I talked about it couple times and then just kind of blew it off. A couple months go by and I remind you me and my father where at the closing point of our own business, on a Friday afternoon I go into town on the way one of the brothers call me and he's with his cousin out pressure washing told me to come by and they will wash mine for free. Why not, go by there talk to them for a few I ended up knowing the cousin we agree on a location to wash which was mine and my father's shop. In the mixed of all this we get to talking about work, and me starting my own company and his primary job was also in the same line of business. He ask me if I want to go do a job for his uncle which was the following day Saturday at 2:00 pm he couldn't do it because he was goin out of town to the lake. He named the business I knew of it and its location he said he would E-mail me his info later that night. By the end of all this he asking me to borrow $350.00 for hooking with up with his uncles business and that I could also hold his trailer for collateral until he gets back. Like an idiot I did but I told him I wasnt goin to hold on to his trailer, well he said he was going to leave at his cousins (one of the brothers) just in case I changed my mind. Never got an E-mail got up Saturday couldn't get ahold of him waited a lil bit still nothing so I get all my equipment ready and I head to the cousins house which is the same house I got pulled over leaving a few months back, I was gonna go by ther see what be knew about it and if he had heard from him. I get there and of course nothing so i call a real good friend of mine to get his trailer that I was told I could hold for collateral take it back to my father's cause by this point I felt like it was just a bunch of BS but I was still gonna show up at that job at 2pm. Buddy gets there we latch onto the trailer and head back out to my my father's. We get out side of town and turn off the hwy hes following behind me inhis truck and as I'm turning right off to the left side of the hwy I notice 5 city cops they start following behind for a few miles I make a lil distance between me and my buddy I got to the house and as he turns on down my street they pull him over. There was city state and county law enforcement there when they pulled him over, they ordered him not by his name but by Mine to get out with his hands on his head to get down on his knee's and then they went about everything else that they do. Just to add this was one of my oldest dearest friends which was on felony probation for a couple years already so not in this life time would I ever ask somebody to jeapordize there freedom to benefit myself. So about 20 min. later I'm freaking out cause I just knew he was going to jail for something... My phone rings I answer it and its the same cop that was the one that pulled me over months back. He ask me what was going on I told him I had no idea and he said that we have a problem and that would be that the trailer my buddy was pulling is stolen!! Wow, I told him I don't know anything about any of that and that my buddy pulling the trailer for me dont know anything more than I do about it. He ask me to meet with his deputy's to tell them what I knew and insured that no one was going to get arrested which I knew better then that cause I just knew my buddy was already getting charged with it seeing as that he was in possession of the stolen property but I was going to try and do everything I could to keep that from happening. I meet with tell them not to take him in that we didn't know anything about it being stolen and come to find out they already let him go before I had even got there. It wasn't 2 minutes later I was getting arrested and charged with a felony theft. City cops pulled him over the higher ups called me to meet with his deputy which was county which where the ones that arrested me but I was taking in and charged by the city. I feel as if it was for some weird reason entraped into committing a felony with no prior convictions or even a bad record. I've been out on bond for a year now waiting for them to indicte me on a BS charge with some stolen stuff that me.myself was never once in possession of. I haven't hired an attorney yet and y'all are the first pple that Im talking to about it

That's your second mistake.

Your first mistake was getting involved with these people after your initial unpleasantness.

Go hire an attorney. There's nothing anybody here can help you with.

What DUDE done wrote, plus STOP BLABBING.

WHY?

ANYTHING you do or say, CAN AND WILL be used AGAINST you in a court of law.

That is just WAY too much to read and most posts that long contain WAY too much irrelevant nonsense. At least someone here had the patience to wade through that and I commend them for it.

Since you have been arrested, definitely hire a lawyer & discuss your situation only with him/her.

Back