1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Wrongly evicted by harassment

Discussion in 'Eviction, Recovery of Premises' started by Pura Puresa, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Pura Puresa

Pura Puresa Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    California
    My landlord has threatened me, harassment because he wants us to move out . Has lied, Vandalism to vehicles change locks so I haven’t received key. Defamation, harassment, threats of violence and done to my husband. Police came did nothing. What to do?

2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

Why does he want you to move out so badly? Are you behind on your rent? If so, how far behind?

Is this the same LL you wrote about in your previous threads?

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

It is time to search for another place to reside.

You want to avoid being served with any official eviction papers.

Yes, it will be disruptive to your lives.

However, an eviction filing will destroy your ability to rent decent housing for DECADES.

In the interim, minimize or limit your contacts with the landlord.

Be civil, calm, polite, and non-confrontational during the remainder of your stay in your current residence.

4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Threatened you how?

Wanting you to move out isn't harassment. Why does he want you out? Why not simply give you an eviction notice?

To whom and about what?

Huh?

Ummm...huh?

Unless you want to provide us with a coherent story about what has happened, the only possible intelligent answer to this question is that you should move.

5. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Have you been locked out of the apartment? If so, this is illegal and comes with some stiff monetary penalties.
    Have you reported this illegal lockout? If police won't take any action you may still initiate a civil action.
    If you don't know what to do then seek legal counsel locally.