Wrongfully Terminated

ktld2017

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I worked for Midas a car oil change place I made a mistake, my first with a oil change I made. And I was fired for that, when I first started the job I did not sign any contracts or polices that stated that'll be a outcome of I made any mistake. I was unaware this would be a consequence and I take part in my mistake after begging for another I was let go. Is there anything I can do?

consequences can be harsh, especially if you cost the employer money from your mistake. While it may have been unintentional, it was still a mistake. There is nothing that requires them to give you a second chance like AdjJack said -- employment is generally at will.

Sorry, but there was nothing wrongful about that termination. File for unemployment and look for a new job. There is no requirement that you be told in advance that mistakes can cause you to be fired, and frankly you should know that without being told.

thanks but I actually told my old boss that I was gonna get a lawyer and now he has offered me a second chance because he said he was upset but hes willing to give me another shot. Thank you all anyway.

not alwa
Sorry, but there was nothing wrongful about that termination. File for unemployment and look for a new job. There is no requirement that you be told in advance that mistakes can cause you to be fired, and frankly you should know that without being told.

it was wrongful and obviously if you make a mistake that can cost your job that is true but not even every case because people can make mistakes nobody is perfect.

"wrongful termination" is a very specific legal term that a lot of people use incorrectly -- see Wrongful dismissal - Wikipedia

Glad your prior employer was willing to give you a 2nd chance but he didn't have to under any employment law. Just so you know for the future.

People sure love to throw around the term "wrongful termination" without knowing what it actually means. You'd think in this day & age, when pretty much everybody has access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone, that more people would go online and look up the definition online instead of just assuming it means "termination for any reason I don't agree with".

you're
People sure love to throw around the term "wrongful termination" without knowing what it actually means. You'd think in this day & age, when pretty much everybody has access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone, that more people would go online and look up the definition online instead of just assuming it means "termination for any reason I don't agree with".

you're an idiot I made this post to ask for advice if you feel like being a that serious why did you comment something I wasn't asking about.

thanks but I actually told my old boss that I was gonna get a lawyer and now he has offered me a second chance because he said he was upset but hes willing to give me another shot. Thank you all anyway.

You don't need to tell anyone your good news.

Most of the time we are better off learning to smile wryly like Mona Lisa with our lips closed.

That way there's nothing we can be accused of, except smiling.

Back