wrongfully terminated?? confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

miatime

I worked for this popular drugstore for a little over 8 years. Never had a problem with anybody, never suspended, never written up. Customers would actually call or come in the store and ask for me on occasions just to help them out. A little over a year ago a new manager got hired. He seemed to have personal issues at home, and would bring his attitude to work. after a couple months of him being there, he hired a supervisor..his buddie. I was tired of everything that was going on, his attitude, rudeness and his buddy the supervisor. so i decided to talk to the district manager about the things that were going on at the store, and possibly a transfer to another store.this was in Nov 08. Soon after this that supervisor got transfered to another store. A couples weeks after i started to get written up for being late. tardiness that happened months before all of this, just one after the other. The write ups were never given to me by the manager personally. supervisor or asst. manager would do this. At this point i realized the manager had something against me. it felt like retaliation. My last day of work was Sat. March 14, 09. Sun and Mon off. i called Monday to get my schedule and the manager said u come in 9am on tuesday. I come in tues for work and before i clock in the supervisor for that day says, "dont clock in the manager said your suspended!" i said to the supervisor, " i just talked to the manager yesterday and he didnt mention anything to me. so then i asked "when do i come back? the supervisor said i dont know. it was payday that week. so 4days pass by and i go pick up my check. The manager is there. he gives me my check and says to me. i talked to HR and we've decided to terminate you for your obsessive tardiness here is your last check!! IS THIS EVEN LEGAL??? HELP PLEASE!!! THANKS

well, when i spoke to the district manager i told him about how his attittude towards me felt personal, and how the new supervisor & manager were really good friends, too close to comfort, and how they were both drinking beer outside the store and leaving their empty beer cans for the opening manager to clean up. And my request for a transfer.. the only thing that happened from this was, the supervisor getting transfered and myself getting fired.....after all the write ups i recieved soon after i spoke to the district manager...

It's unfortunate, but that kind of complaint is not protected by law. So even if you are right and it's retaliation, it's not illegal retaliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back