Wrongfully fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrice81

I got fired from my employer (Pizza Hut) for not taking an order when someone called in at 3-5 minutes before close. I feel I was wrongly terminated. I had an assistant manager that did it 3 times before he was fired. My boss had me give him oral and written warnings before I could fire him. And he would do it 15-30 minutes before close. But I do it once at 3-5 minutes before close,and I get fired.Is there anything I can do about it?

No. There is no requirement that an employer treat each situation the same. An employer is not required to provide you with a reason for termination. You can simply be told, good bye.

Sorry, but this is not even close to the legal definition of wrongful termination. It may or may not be fair but it is quite legal.

BTW, it is quite common (legal too) for managers to be held to a different standard than other employees. It may be that since your boss had had you give warnings to the assistant manager, he figured you already knew that the practice was not permitted.

What you can do about it is file for unemployment and look for a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back