WRONGFULLY FIRED want to sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BONJOVI

I was wrongfully fired from my job. The real reson is because I wasn't well liked by management. Here is where I believe I have the right to sue.

According their employee handbook Termination without cause employee will be given at least two weeks notice of a termination without cause. I was given 2 weeks severance pay plus vacation pay but NO 2 weeks notice my firing was effective immediately.

Also my employer never discussed with me my evaluation during my introductory period.

My question is do I have a good case for a lawsuit against my former employer.

Probabably not. In most states you can be fired for any reason, on the spot without any notice or severence, unless it is a reason protected by the EEOC. Normally companies are not required to give you any severance at all and its normal for a company to give you 2 weeks severence for good faith.

Companies are never required to give you a 2 week notice to fire you, you could be fired on the spot without any severence at all so the fact they gave you 2 weeks is better than nothing.

The company handbook is not a contract. As I told you previously, EVEN IF there was a requirement that you receive two weeks notice, the fact that you were paid for two weeks in lieu of notice would legally meet that requirement.

You do not have a wrongful termination no matter how many boards you post the question on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back