Wrongfully accused of stealing and threatened with termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious1989

Every morning I deposit all cash from the overnight shift and have written receipts as to how much is being deposited. I was told that one day $500 missing and I'm accused of stealing it. The General Manager has given me the ultimatum of either paying the $500, which I did NOT steal, or being terminated from my job. I have no prior "write-ups" and have been employed here for 8 years without any complaints.
Are they allowed to falsely put blame on me like this when they have no evidence? They don't have cameras where we deposit the cash after ever shift and it all comes down to allegations

Every morning I deposit all cash from the overnight shift and have written receipts as to how much is being deposited. I was told that one day $500 missing and I'm accused of stealing it. The General Manager has given me the ultimatum of either paying the $500, which I did NOT steal, or being terminated from my job. I have no prior "write-ups" and have been employed here for 8 years without any complaints.
Are they allowed to falsely put blame on me like this when they have no evidence? They don't have cameras where we deposit the cash after ever shift and it all comes down to allegations

You can be terminated because you wear a blue blouse, have red hair, or you didn't smile and bow as your boss passed by you.

The missing funds mean nothing. They can't prove you stole them, but they need not prove that to terminate your services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back