Wrongful Termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelth9123

Here's the deal...I am currently on suspension pending investigation. I was suspended on Thursday and it is only Sunday. Here's the details. A subordinate came in to his scheduled shift intoxicated. It took me about 30-45 minutes to realize this fact. Once I realized this I spoke with my relief supervisor and we placed him on suspension pending investigation and sent him to a testing facility via taxi. This happened on Wednesday night. Half way through my shift on Thursday, I was pulled into my bosses office and told him what I remembered. He then showed me surveillance video of the time in question, which didn't match 100% what I had remembered. He then proceeded to send me home on suspension pending investigation without telling me what I was being suspended for. I am expecting a call from my boss tomorrow, Monday, to come in.

Without knowing every detail, is there enough info here for someone to draw a conclusion of whether there was any wrongdoing on the company's part, and if I am termed, can I possibly have a case for wrongful termination? Thanks

Wrongful termination means that your employment was terminated because of your race, color, national origin, gender or any other protected class.

You can legally be fired for doing something wrong, for not doing something, for wearing blue socks, for being a Patriots fan...just about anything. They can fire you because they suspect you've done something wrong, even if there's no proof.

Based on what you have posted here, there has been no wrongdoing on the company's part and if you are termed, you would not have a case for wrongful termination.

A wrongful term means that there is a specific law which prohibits the employer from terming you for the reason they did. What law do you believe would prohibit them terming you for a suspicion of falsified records?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back